Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lone Star Miata Club Homecoming - Oct. 15, 2005

Chassis Designer

What Carl said... come on out... it's just for fun.
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT
    Lowered, ram air, too much crap to list

where we go over the club rules.
    Strike 1

There usually are very specific instructions
    Strike 2

sign the waiver
    Strike 3.........I am out
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Suspension Modder

Those that strike out don't score many RUNS!

To clarify:

"specific instructions" refers to "turn left, turn right, take hwy 75 north etc". Hope you didn't think it was something else.

Carl Long

Thanks for the info Carl. I'll have to see what my schedule (and gas prices) look like.

:)
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Default desicions!!!

well now i'm undecided... I wanna see hands of who's going and who's not... :afro:
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie
    well now i'm undecided... I wanna see hands of who's going and who's not... :afro:
    Well Mouglie....Here's how I stand on this deal...I understand the concerns of others on this board about this Club and it's rules. I've rolled with these folks before and once you get past the rules and past the signing of the form you'll have a great time. So if the weather is nice and the "Powers That Be" don't have me working. I'll be there
    Jerry
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher
    Strike 1

Strike 2

Strike 3.........I am out
    Before you go too far Tim, you may recall that WE had a waiver on the joint S2k/Miata run we did out to Muenster earlier this year.

CYA is an unfortunate reality in our society. I don't see anything here that LSMC is asking for on their runs that we haven't asked for before on our larger ones.

Rules are rules, and it sounds like we've got similar sets between the two clubs, whether we realize it or not. Whether there will be a difference in the way the rules are interpreted and enforced between LSMC and MME remains to be seen - at least for me, since I've never been on an LSMC run.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Maybe if Checker and Sharpie and Merv and some of the new MME doods showed up It would be easier to decide.

So, who is going?
    I'm gonna try...........depends on Granbury and Shelley's thirteen year-old son. We would need a seat for him, as there's only one operational Miata in the stable right now However, I'm ready to
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Since you guys will be in the area, Oct. 15th is the Peanut festival in nearby Whitesboro. There is a car show there, with some pretty nice older cars. It takes place in downtown Whitesboro. I'll be there most of the day.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I have been on 2 rides with MME (Edom and Tioga) and about 4 or 5 rides with LSMC, other than signing a waiver I just can't see much difference. I have no knowledge of what happened in the past, so I guess I am seeing this in a different perspective. :grin:
    I plan on being there.
    2007 Sport - Stormy Blue Mica - No mods yet

Arrow caravan

Well departure is at 1pm from McKinney... I'm not familiar with those surroundings so would anyone be interested in meeting on Barnes and Noble in Plano (15th + Alma)?
    Maybe around 10:30am? Then from there we can meet the rest of the click in McKinney
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie
    Well departure is at 1pm from McKinney... I'm not familiar with those surroundings so would anyone be interested in meeting on Barnes and Noble in Plano (15th + Alma)?
    Maybe around 10:30am? Then from there we can meet the rest of the click in McKinney
    It's simple.

Take 75 North.
    Exit Hwy 380.
    Take a left at the light and Jack-in-the-Crack is on your left.

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    It's simple.

Take 75 North.
    Exit Hwy 380.
    Take a left at the light and Jack-in-the-Crack is on your left.
    Ummm... actually, if you are coming from the Plano area, you get off at the 380 exit and then take a right and it's immediately on your right.

I thought you lived up here...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

My apologies to the Miata peeps of the LSMC and to the bretheren of this fine forum for the pissy post earlier in this thread. Blame it on drugs, old age or my inability to socialize with strangers. All the requirements are nothing new or out of the ordinary. I will fall to the back of the line now and go below the posted limit.
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Chassis Designer

re: the pissy remarks.... doesn't bother me. We do what we do for reasons, but there do seem to be some misunderstandings as to what LSMC actually does....

There aren't any LSMC "rules" other than those imposed by the State of Texas, and/or the counties, cities, or towns we pass through. You make your own choice as to whether these rules apply to you. Your decision can only be overridden by whatever law enforecment agency has jurisdiction.

Our standing position is that you should drive at your own pace, follow the driving directions, we'll see when you get there. We recognized a long time back that not everyone drives the same way.

As long as you don't endanger me or any other innocent person, I don't care how fast or how slow you drive. Be reckless around me, then I care.

As for waivers, I can't speak for anyone else, but I have assets that have to be protected from drivers I don't know. And not from our drivers, it's the "civilians" we have to worry about. And mostly, because our insurance company requires a waiver. Anyone who organizes a drive without insurance protection is risking everything he/she owns.

As for the rest... LSMC is a social organization. We all have Miatas, and we like to drive them. Sometimes slow, sometimes, fast, and sometimes very fast. But first and foremost, we have a good time.

LSMC certainly isn't a good fit for everyone. We know that. We just want to meet more Miata lovers, and have fun.
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT
    Lowered, ram air, too much crap to list

This is next Saturday....Who else is planning on going besides me..

I'll be in whitesboro working the peanut festival car show, if you wanna stop by. (you have to go through whitesboro to get to catfish heaven)
    Last edited by blackzx3_13; 10-09-2005 at 10:37 PM.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riverracer
    This is next Saturday....Who else is planning on going besides me..
    Well I was thinking about it until I saw the real riverracer

I don't associate with red question marks.

Actually, it has been a long time since I did a run with LSMC, and this sounds like fun. Maybe we'll get there. I know there's a deadline, and I will talk to mrsthang today.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by billccsi
    I will need a head count. Just let me know by the 13th.

Bill & Jan
    [email protected]
    888 539 5577
    Looks like you have until Thursday to ask her Hal....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast