View Poll Results: Are you interested in eating at Babe's first?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Babe's has some good chicken(and catfish)

3 27.27%
  • No, Don't want Babe's just wanna go fast

0 0%
  • What took you so long?

6 54.55%
  • Have you seen the price of gas?!?!?

2 18.18%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drag strip night (finally!) 9-2-2005

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    ...and I'm right lane#70 (the slow-cus)...
    Definitely not! If you'll notice you were (barely) faster through the eighth, and at a (slightly) higher speed, too. I just got the jump a tiny bit. Hey, I was just thrilled that I could actually see you running close to me. Not quite so with the sport bike they kept pairing me up with...

Lots of fun, mabye next time I'll have enough $ to eat as well. and I can't believe I didnt bring my camrera!
    No kidding! At one point Bean was in line right in front of a rear-engine rail dragster. That'd have been a classic photo.

I have two timeslips to post as well. I made about 14 runs, but didn't learn how to pick up the slips 'till later. (N00b!) The two I have are races w/Bean. I nailed a really good light on the first one (0.62) and Bean red-lighted with a .45 giving me the win. In the second one we both pulled average lights and Bean smoked me.

The best I ran (in my bone-stock 157k mile '93 with a bunch of crap in the trunk) was an 11.17. By the end of the night I was running 11.5 pretty consistently at around 60 mph or so.

One thing I think we all learned was that your launch is the biggest part of the game. At first I launched way to low and bogged it down. Then got carried away and gave up some serious rear tire. Finally it seemed as though a drop-clutch launch around 4-4.5k gave best results.

This was a great time. Kudos to blackzx3_13 for a great idea. This is definitely worth doing again.

Chuck

Also: Nice to meet blackzx3-13, Titus, driftdevil, and Sharpie!
    Last edited by ccage; 09-03-2005 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccage
    This was a great time. Kudos to blackaz3_13 for a great idea. This is definitely worth doing again.

Chuck
    Is that blackass_13? My best run was an 11.4, one of my runs I was alongside a fully built camaro, wow. That car got real little real quick watching through my winshield. My girlfriend and her friend voted my car the quietest one there.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

My girlfriend and her friend voted my car the quietest one there.
    Always something to be proud of!

Ahh... I got off my lazy butt.

I was #78, ccage was #79, TC was #80, and #B53 was some motorcycle that handed me my ass (ironically enough, my fastest run of the night was against the same said bike.)

For the two runs that TC and I had, on the first I would have had him had I not missed third gear (shifted right into 5th... ugh) at the 330ft mark.

The second run we had TC had a way better reaction time even though I was faster at the end.

Ahh... ces't la vie!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    In my case it's She Whom Holds The Pocket Book!
    Mine is She Who Has My You Know What pickled and under the kitchen sink.
    David
    99 Red and Tan Home
    Waxahachie, TX

Dang, sorry I missed out on this! Would've been nice to see/meet the gang and destroy some tires.
    Alas, I was busy hitting on a new waitress at the watering hole and hadn't read the board in a few days...
    Bummer!
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    That was a mighty tight fitting too... a royal pain in the neck! But I'm glad the damned thing is on now.
    It didn't last long Had redo it at Trackdogracing's doghouse yesterday. I'll post the rest of the story in MiataTech section.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Always something to be proud of!
    I bet I have all you guys out quited by 10db, easy. I forgot to add, while watching from the bleachers, I overheard "There is just so many of them." This was when all the miatas there were lined up waiting to run.
    Last edited by blackzx3_13; 09-04-2005 at 11:52 PM. Reason: never gonna be able to spel
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I forgot to add, while watching from the bleachers, I overheard "There is just so many of them." This was when all the miatas there were lined up waiting to run.
    Very nice!

Default sick days

i may have to play sick so i can get friday off, lol...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123