Thread: Amatuer car show pics

Default Amatuer car show pics

I'm guessing this is the right forum for it.

I went to a little car show at the Grapevine Bass Pro Shop on the 4th. I felt a strong need to actually play with my camera a little, so I got some shots of the more interesting cars out there...and one nice truck, too.

Bass Pro pics

I'd love comments if you've got any. Obviously not a pro, but I'd like to improve my shooting style. Please ignore tents, coolers, and show attendees...
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

This one's real purty (I mean the picture; the car is purty too):

You've got a good eye.

S.

My neighbors used to have a 71 SS Camaro that they fully restored. I miss that car, was really loud.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

What no Cadillacs!

I like the shots of the El Camino!

..love the 57 Chevy 2-dr hardtop....
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

nice! different rims and different paintjob and that would be a sweeeeet car!

Great pictures but I do not see a blower here. :grin: Different truck maybe?

Thanks for the comments, folks!

Didn't the mondo bug catcher give the truck away?
    Maybe I left the full engine bay shot out...
    ...and no Cadis showed up, sadly. The white sled did have frenched bullet tails from a '59, though. Is that close enough?
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    My neighbors used to have a 71 SS Camaro that they fully restored. I miss that car, was really loud.
    Cool, my father's 71 RS should be done by the end of the year! Just waiting on the paint guy.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by RX7-2nr
    nice! different rims and different paintjob and that would be a sweeeeet car!
    WHAT!?!?!? How the hell can you dis the Hallibrand wheels? Especially the real deal, not the fake knock-offs with regular wheel studs!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

My neighbor is a bodyman, they painted it themselves in thier garage. It was nice
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    My neighbor is a bodyman, they painted it themselves in thier garage. It was nice
    Cool. Ya, they guy who is supposed to paint ours is a friend that does custom hot rod paint jobs. He's doing ours as a favor....most of his stuff is show car, ultra-expensive jobs.

Hmmm....I'll have to show that pic to my father that might be the car our paint guy was talking about. He's trying to get us to paint our car orange now and was going to take us over to see some guys 70 or 71 Camaro.