Thread: I need a new battery....

Default I need a new battery....

Went to start the Miata this morning and nothing. Tried to jump it and nothing again. I can't quite afford a new $90 battery so if someone has a used one lying around I'd be interested.

I know it's the battery since I have no power.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Went to start the Miata this morning and nothing. Tried to jump it and nothing again. I can't quite afford a new $90 battery so if someone has a used one lying around I'd be interested.

I know it's the battery since I have no power.
    I had the same thing happen to me about 3 weeks ago. I could find nothing that was left on that could drain the battery, but I jump started it and it has been running fine since.

Hey guys,

the following is from the Classified section, by Channelmaniac: One free item, one for trade........

I took the dead battery out of the Spec car... it's an AutoZone brand WestCo type AGM battery... I never tried to charge it - I just bought a new one.

It looks to be in good physical shape... If you want it to try to trickle charge back to life, you can have it... just come get it QUICKLY!

And as for the trade... I don't have a timing light... So the first person that comes over with a timing light and helps me time the car, they can have the FIAMM air horns, complete with brackets to mount in the front nose of an NA.

Thanks!

RJ
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Here's hoping CM can help a brotha out!

I don't have a timing light and no need for the airhorns.
    ...and across the line.

I've got a West Co. battery that looks practically new. I found it at a junk yard and tried to charge it. Couldn't get it to work, but if you want to give it a try it's yours.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Well I got the car started. I think my jumper cables were defective. Tried another set and got the car started and charged. Yea! I think I left the interior light on after I got back from the BBQ run.
    ...and across the line.

I was going to try to bring CMs battery back to life, but if you need it more than I do then you can take it.

Hopefully the issue is solved & it dosen't give you any more trouble.

Oh the topic of dead batteries & bad jumper cables, the wife & I were camping with some friends on the beach at Port Aransas this last weekend. The Element was providing the tunes for the night, as well as sleeping quarters(someone was borrowing our tent & the Element is quite comfortable in bed mode), & little did we know that a 280 watt system on high volume will do a brand new battery in in no time With no way to roll down the windows for a draft we were in quite a pickle as I had no jumper cables, or even a car to jump from within miles, & our friends were passed out in their tent. I remembered being a kid & having to help my cusin start his old beater truck by popping the clutch so in desparation we decided to try it.

If you could imagine a guy & his wife at 2AM, half lit, trying to push an SUV as fast as we could through sand on a sloping beach...then catching up to it, jumping in & poping the clutch...im sure it was quite funny, but we finally got her started!

Who needs jumper cables anyway
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution