Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When drifting goes wrong

Default When drifting goes wrong

Wow, what an idiot. Please right click and save as.
    http://citlink.net/~pen15/AdriaBmwDriftCrash.mpg

That is so stupid. I wonder how bad he was hurt.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Stupid is as stupid does.

Time for some bleach in the gene pool.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Kids - don't try this at home. That man was a trained professional with years of experience.

The key word being WAS
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    Kids - don't try this at home.
    Yeah... if you trying to come up with a way to lock the accelerator down so that you can step outside your car with the wheels spinning... your need to STOP RIGHT THERE!
    Last edited by Dave04; 09-27-2005 at 07:22 AM.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHA, What a moron!

He deserved it... especially for locking in the gas pedal somehow... Cruise control maybe?

Luckily nobody else was hurt. Did you see how close the spectators were to the course?

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

What an @ss.

"Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all week. And now for my next stunt ---- YEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH OH MY GOD!!!!"

S.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

What an idiot! I'm glad the gene pool is self-cleaning.

This is why the racing community is... reluctant... to embrace Drifting as a legitimate form of motorsports. This guy is a moron, no doubt. But where were the Event Organizers? Why would this kind of behavior not be halted immediately? I saw no red flags furiously waving, nobody running around trying to stop this idiot, and after the incident I saw limited sense of urgency by anyone resembling a Safety Steward (maybe they just need cool lemon-lime shirts like the SCCA ).

Stuff like this does more to hurt the image of this "Sport" than anything else, and unless they get there collective heads out of their backsides, we -- meaning ALL amateur motorsports -- are going to be in trouble. Sooner or later some "Do-Gooder" or Govment Offishal is going to save us all from ourselves and ban -- or severely restrict/limit/regulate-to-death -- our legitimate motorsports activities.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Holy cow that had to leave a mark!

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    ...But where were the Event Organizers? Why would this kind of behavior not be halted immediately? I saw no red flags furiously waving, nobody running around trying to stop this idiot, and after the incident I saw limited sense of urgency by anyone resembling a Safety Steward (maybe they just need cool lemon-lime shirts like the SCCA ).

...Sooner or later some "Do-Gooder" or Govment Offishal is going to save us all from ourselves and ban -- or severely restrict/limit/regulate-to-death -- our legitimate motorsports activities.
    Well, from the announcer's voice, it sounded like it was in Italy. That may 'splain a few things. Over here they wouldn't let the spectators that close to the course - too much liability and too many lawsuits.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

AMEN Kestrel!!!
    I agree!!!
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Well, from the announcer's voice, it sounded like it was in Italy. That may 'splain a few things. Over here they wouldn't let the spectators that close to the course - too much liability and too many lawsuits.
    If he was Italian he should have had some experience dodging vehicles. Them Eye-talians are some kway-zee drivers. Pedestrians are like cones on an autocross course to them. Try to avoid them but if you hit a few... oh well...
    ...and across the line.

Does anyone actually know if this guy was injured?

That looked pretty ugly.

S.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    Does anyone actually know if this guy was injured?
    Seeing as how over a ton of hot metal was parked on top of him, I'd guess yes.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Seeing as how over a ton of hot metal was parked on top of him, I'd guess yes.
    Ya Think!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Ya Think!
    Rephrase: Does anyone know if this guy was seriously injured? Sometimes people walk away from this stuff with surprisingly few injuries.

For example:

People waiting for D'Angelo to finally finish his follow-up to his 2000 soul masterpiece "Voodoo" [that means you, POS] were almost out of luck when the singer crashed his Hummer last week and went flying through the windshield. Somehow, he emerged largely unscathed, and is now promising to get back in the studio and finish recording.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    Rephrase: Does anyone know if this guy was seriously injured? Sometimes people walk away from this stuff with surprisingly few injuries.

For example:

People waiting for D'Angelo to finally finish his follow-up to his 2000 soul masterpiece "Voodoo" [that means you, POS] were almost out of luck when the singer crashed his Hummer last week and went flying through the windshield. Somehow, he emerged largely unscathed, and is now promising to get back in the studio and finish recording.

S.
    Seeing as he was just lying there and an Ambulance eventually showed up, I'd guess he didn't just walk away.

Hopefully he hasn't and won't breed.
    ...and across the line.

what was he thinking? what if the car would have gotten enough speed, and the tires caught. the car would have rocketed away at full throttle completely in a random direction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast