Thread: Quick question on Helmets

Default Quick question on Helmets

I just bought a KBC Helmet, since I am unsure about what is required for auto X does this info on the helmet sound like this would be ok for Auto Xing?

TK110
    Snell
    DOT

Thanks.
    99 Miata Black

What's the rating on the Snell sticker? M95? M00? I'll guess it's M00, if it's a new helmet.

If it says M95, M00, SA95, or SA00, then you're good to go. If it says anything else, then you're SOL.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

How many of the auto-x inspections actually check the sticker? I have been at 2 different track events at MSR that had helmet rating requirements, but my helmet never left my hands.

it only has the info that I provided above, I guess I should check KBC's website.
    I have owned one of their helmets before and they are quality buckets, however I don't know why the info isn't there anywhere.
    99 Miata Black

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Sometimes there is a sticker 'hidden' under the padding inside the helmet. Check it out.

Thanks Sammm found the sticker but it says M2000, does that mean anything to you guys?

(I sense a "your SOL" coming on)
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    Thanks Sammm found the sticker but it says M2000, does that mean anything to you guys?

(I sense a "your SOL" coming on)
    M2000 should be the same as the M00 that altiain guessed it to be. That is more than enough.

Kewl thats awesome...one less thing to worry about or get now.
    Thanks guys!
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    How many of the auto-x inspections actually check the sticker? I have been at 2 different track events at MSR that had helmet rating requirements, but my helmet never left my hands.
    If you come through Tech at most local autocross events, they'll tech your helmet. If you pull up to Start without a current Tech sticker on your helmet, the Starter *should* send you packing.

FWIW, I always tech helmets when I'm working Tech.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Pretty common in the AX world, you can get an annual inspection sticker, and I note the normally do look for the sticker on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Pretty common in the AX world, you can get an annual inspection sticker, and I note the normally do look for the sticker on mine.
    I guess it is not surprising that the auto-x crowd is more together when it comes to the inspections... the frequency of events must make everything go a little smoother. (not that you could tell by the way everyone whines about this and that after every event).

BillyBlaze<--Ducking
    99 Miata Black

I guess it is not surprising that the auto-x crowd is more together when it comes to the inspections... the frequency of events must make everything go a little smoother.
    Yeah, you should come on out and find out for yourself some time.
    Last edited by altiain; 10-04-2005 at 01:09 PM.
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Yeah, you should come on out and find out for yourself some time.
    I have already talked to the Boss about this, and it will be a go for next season. I would consider something this season but I think I need to look to get a couple things straightened out on the car first.