Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new and looking for top installation

Default new and looking for top installation

joined 5 minutes ago. Have a 92 needs a soft top. I am looking to install with friend, but before ordering, wanted to know if y'all know of a good installer location in case i chicken out.

What side of town are you on? There is a place on Westparkway in Euless that does nice work, Benny & James I believe is the name of the place.

Welcome to the Forum!

Found the info on Benny & James! They did some seats for me on a Corvette, top notch work!

Benny & James Auto Trim Inc
    (817) 267-7801
    1108 Westpark Way
    Euless, TX 76040

V.O.R.A. in Lewisville did my 92 B&T top...

When it came time to put a top on the 92 blue, I put it on myself.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Default still lokking will order within 24

I've been looking at reviews from all suppliers, but a large number said the size wasn't right, holes misaligned. Which good (not top of the line$) tops have you had good experience with. (I would like glass, but not sure yet)

Default still looking for top and may install myself

I'm north in Flower mound/lewisville area. Which tops have you used?

Lots of NA owners have gone with an NB top, bolts up no more zippers or plastic windows to contend with, and it looks nice. black roadster has this setup on his car, it looks good! :cool:

Lots of good information is avaialble at this link -> http://www.miata.net/garage/garagetops.html

Default my lack of knoweldge

Does the NB top on a 92 require a different frame?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by kts
    Yes. The frame is different.

Yes it requires the NB frame, but a used NB top & frame can normally be found for less than some of the new NA tops.

Default VORA in Lewsiville

what was installation cost and type of top at VORA/Lewsiville

Question I case you have'nt figured it out

I have no idea

Talking No worries!

I have no idea
    No need to worry you will find many of the folks around here are clueless!

I paid $228 for the top (shipped to the door price) and $200 for the installation... This was back 3 years ago...

It was a Cabrio World top... nice top too... I got the OEM type with the same style of zip down rear window.

Be careful if you want a glass window because you may have issues fitting roll bars in the car with them.

V.O.R.A. is over on Mill Street behind the car wash that's next door to Eagle Transmission. (THE worst transmission repair shop around, but that's a different story)

RJ

When they/you are talking about an nb, does that mean buying an new fram from a newer mazda and them a new top. My existin frame and top were fine with virtually no leaking until my daughter (while pulling the zipper) tore the whole window pane apart. But the top is old enough to not put just a new window.
    Advice

Thank you I will get an installation esitmate from them!

A couple quick notes...

While the NB top is very nice, it will cost a fortune new. Most of us would go find one used, but they may be a problem if you are trying to get a shop to do the install for you.

As far as aftermarket brands, I have heard a lot of good info on Robbins Tops.

Don't be afraid to call a few of these shops up. You will want to be sure to ask a few different things... Will they Install a top that you didn't buy through them? What brand do they us? Are the install rates different for a top that you bring in to be installed vs one you buy through them?

VORA will install a top you didn't buy from them... but they cannot warranty the top since you didn't buy from them.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    While the NB top is very nice, it will cost a fortune new. Most of us would go find one used
    I bought a used NB top on the frame for $300. Easy to install it yourself with the help of some of us.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    I bought a used NB top on the frame for $300. Easy to install it yourself with the help of some of us.
    Show off.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Show off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast