Thread: ATM Fees!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Is that what the ATM fees pay for? I'd be pissed if I paid ATM fees...
    on.
    Lets get something straight.... EVERYONE pays ATM fees when they use ATMs that are not owned by there own bank. Your bank may or may not charge you, but the bank that owns the ATM always will. Those commercials that boast no ATM fees are very deceiving, and we get truckloads of customers running back to us after a month of fees that they didn't expect. If you don't want to pay fees, simply use your banks ATM. If your bank doesn't have a lot of conveniently located ATMs, it is your own fault.
    off.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    on.
    Lets get something straight.... EVERYONE pays ATM fees when they use ATMs that are not owned by there own bank. Your bank may or may not charge you, but the bank that owns the ATM always will. Those commercials that boast no ATM fees are very deceiving, and we get truckloads of customers running back to us after a month of fees that they didn't expect. If you don't want to pay fees, simply use your banks ATM. If your bank doesn't have a lot of conveniently located ATMs, it is your own fault.
    off.
    Hmmm... Washington Mutual doesn't charge to use their ATMs. RaceTrac now has no-fee ATMs on site. Down with BoA!!!

Dang... you made me forget why I was posting in this thread...

http://www.movecars.com/toc/find/#exotic
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    That's it... you've made me regret putting that smilie up.

Bastard...

Oh, and yes, I do use my own bank's ATMs. Greedy bastards...

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Hmmm... Washington Mutual doesn't charge to use their ATMs. RaceTrac now has no-fee ATMs on site. Down with BoA!!!

Dang... you made me forget why I was posting in this thread...

http://www.movecars.com/toc/find/#exotic
    RaceTrac I understand... they are offering a service to there customers...

WaMu is just goofy... they are throwing away money by giving away service (that costs them) to someone who is not their customer and has no real initiative to become a customer. I predict it will quietly disappear when data analysis by someone like me tells management that it is costing them more to support the free services then they are making off of customers gained through the service.

Perhaps (rather unlikely) WAMU believes that service is more important than utmost profit. Or perhaps (more likely) they'll get a large customer base and then court a larger bank to buy them out.

Until then I don't mind not paying ATM fees with WAMU. The buy-out process has happened several times to me over the years... not fun.

My wife just walked in with the mail... and no kidding... I just got a letter telling me that WAMU has bought Providian. They must have been listening in on this thread...

The buy-out process has happened several times to me over the years... not fun.
    If you don't like the buy-out process, come to BoA. We can't buy any more US deposit taking banks, and we can't be bought by anyone that takes US deposits.

The Board may not approve an interstate proposal under section 3(d) if the applicant controls, or upon consummation of the proposed transaction would control, more than 10 percent of the total amount of deposits of insured depository institutions in the United States (“nationwide deposit cap”).

BoA is at 9.904 %

Last edited by Titus; 10-06-2005 at 11:10 AM.

Perhaps (rather unlikely) WAMU believes that service is more important than utmost profit.
    And they even have a cute abbreviation for their name! WAMU. Haha. That sounds like a cow. Waaaamuuuuu.

S.

Wink

Is that what the ATM fees pay for? I'd be pissed if I paid ATM fees...
    Who uses an ATM anymore? SInce my ATM card became a debit card, I havent used an ATM in 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Who uses an ATM anymore? SInce my ATM card became a debit card, I havent used an ATM in 3-4 years.
    I still get cash at the ATM every now and then... but mainly I use my regular Visa.

I split all the ATM stuff out of another post, you kids have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I split all the ATM stuff out of another post, you kids have fun!!
    Thanks.... I should have done it earlier but I got lazy...

I miss WAMU... my credit union didn't charge me for other banks, and they didn't charge me to use theirs, so they were free!

Down here I haven't found that... Hell my bank charges $2.50 for using a diffrent ATM!

Best I've found is the one here at work.. It only charges liek 30CENTS! (but it spits out $$ in pesos!)
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

I use my Bank One now Chase debit card at their ATM'S and there is "NO" fee.....
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........