Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats you favorite kinda muscle car?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I had a 68' coupe around 20 years ago. I think I paid $2000 for it. I loved that car! I towed my fish-n-play boat with it and it never left me stranded. I don't know why I sold it now thinking back.

Well, a '65 Mustang Convertible with the smallblock 289 V8 would be very high on my list (I liked the rectangular speedo of the '64-'65 better than the round ones of the later models)... but it's hardly a "muscle car". Titus, that Mustang was gorgeous! You and your father did some amazing work on that one-time rust bucket.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    You and your father did some amazing work on that one-time rust bucket.
    Well, most of the credit needs to go to my dad's body man. We stripped the car of anything that could be removed with hand tools and then handed it over. All body panels where removed from the car with 3 quarter panels, front an rear valance, and all the floor pans going straight into the trash. All of the body work took about 6 months while my Dad and I searched countless swap meets and classifieds for parts. The bumpers where sent off and re-chromed, and a core exchange was made for refreshed seats. My dad and I spent months reinstalling trim pieces, the new interior, a new soft top, etc. The drive-train was not touched, as the car only had about 80k miles on it. We addressed issues as the came, such as the blown heater core that filled the passenger footwell with coolant.

Very nice car Titus, It'd look great sitting next to an 05' vert with the same colors. I LOVE BLACK N RED. I'm addicted.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12