Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buyer Uncertainty 93LE

Default Buyer Uncertainty 93LE

hello all, i am thinking about buying a 93LE, but the only problem is it has 142K on it. i am going to have him bring the car to a mazda dealer in his home town, but i am going to be using this car as a daily driver. Any thoughts on this? should i wait and buy a car with less miles?

142k is alot of miles, but if it has regular maintenance it should be fine.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    142k is alot of miles, but if it has regular maintenance it should be fine.
    he has just done the timing belt but did not do the water pump or any of the pulleys. seems like he has done most of the maintenance but i am just worried about useing it as a daily driver.

Is the car down in Austin? Have you checked with the local Miata Clubs in your area? They may have a trusted shop that could give it a look see.

I agree with blackzx3_13 if it's been taken care of mileage isn't that big of a deal.

How many Miatas have you bought in the past two weeks? I see you have a Yellow and a black one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Will this be your third Miata?
    no it won't be my third. i have sold all the others about 2months before my house in new orleans got messed up for KATRINA. i have sold the 92 yellow

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Is the car down in Austin? Have you checked with the local Miata Clubs in your area? They may have a trusted shop that could give it a look see.

I agree with blackzx3_13 if it's been taken care of mileage isn't that big of a deal.

How many Miatas have you bought in the past two weeks? I see you have a Yellow and a black one now.
    The car is in albuquerque nm

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    That would be Sharpie's old man's car... I think.
    Yep thats the car.

Quote Originally Posted by creativewebz
    i have sold the 92 yellow
    Cool Locked your classified ad since you sold it.

Cool Locked your classified ad since you sold it.
    Thanks! i am still kinda new to this forum thing.

but you guys think that if the maintenance has been kept up and mazda does a buyers check it would be ok? do yall know of any shops out there?

but you guys think that if the maintenance has been kept up and mazda does a buyers check it would be ok? do yall know of any shops out there?
    Nope, why don't you ask in the regional section of Miata.net you may get some options.

So what's up with the black car that you show on your profile??

Nope, why don't you ask in the regional section of Miata.net you may get some options.

So what's up with the black car that you show on your profile??
    That is my favorte car that i have ever owned.

That is my favorte car that i have ever owned.
    So do you still have it? You show it and the Yellow one in your profile?? What year was/is it??

So do you still have it? You show it and the Yellow one in your profile?? What year was/is it??
    no i dont have it any more, 94. i have adjusted my profile

Found this http://www.geocities.com/Roadrunner_Miata/ but they haven't updated the site in quite a while.....

Found this http://www.geocities.com/Roadrunner_Miata/ but they haven't updated the site in quite a while.....
    THANKS, i sent them an Email about 2days ago but the address is no loger availabe, it got sent back, but i hope that the mazda dealer will do a good enough job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast