Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Street Tires in ER Rapid PAX

tailchaser, thanks for the offer. I will definitely take you up on it next year.

I have to run in FM at the last SCCA event to make sure I hold onto 2nd for the year, Greg has an outside shot at second if I don't run and he wins the class. Can't let that happen!

I slacked off to much at the SCCA events early in the year so Rick got me for first. (I got first and he got second in ER.) Actually, we ran older tires than they did and just couldn't make up the difference.

Later,

SpinOutF500

One of the problems I have always had with ER PAX is the fact that some folks would run one class for trophies, then switch to the easier class, or switch cars completely for PAX. My opinion is that if you should run the entire day in the same class, PAX and all...

I tend to agree with Iian's assessment, however, a true street tire class PAX, minus novices and regular Street Touring classes, is not a bad idea. It could even entice novices to leave novice class and enter T classes after a couple of novice events...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Quote Originally Posted by OzCop
    One of the problems I have always had with ER PAX is the fact that some folks would run one class for trophies, then switch to the easier class, or switch cars completely for PAX. My opinion is that if you should run the entire day in the same class, PAX and all...
    When it was originally proposed you could not run a different class. I don't remember when this got changed. It could be the Rapide Pax is considered a different series from the Challenge Cup series and that is why you can change classes.

It has been in the rules since 1999. That's as far back as my records go.

From the latest set of rules:

ARTICLE 12 - RAPIDE PAX CHALLENGE SERIES

A. The Rapide PAX Challenge will further be referred to as R.P.C. The R.P.C. will be held in conjunction with a regular Challenge Cup Event. Drivers participating in the R.P.C. may drive in a different class than which they competed in for the regular Challenge Cup Series runs. Entrants that have registered for the regular Challenge Cup Event may, in addition, register for the R.P.C.

In my opinion, if the car is legal for the easier class then it is ok to do. Some of the cars that go to the easier class in RPC are running in a harder class for the regular runs, probably because of the competition they get or the car they will be running in that class isn't ready yet. Or, in my case, last year we ran in AM (both regular and RPC) till we had a legal motor (mid season)and then we finished the year in AM and ran FM in the RPC. Did it that way to complete the year in AM for the Year End Trophies and not to mess with the battle in FM.

Later,

SpinOutF500

BTW, the legal motor is stronger than the illegal motor.
    I.E. - FASTER!!!

A bit off topic, but...

I log in, work on a reply to a topic and when I hit submit reply it says I'm not logged in and I have to log in again.

Is this normal?

I have lost a few reply's in the past because of this. Now a days, I cut the text before I hit submit so that if I lose it I can just paste it back in. And hit Submit again.

Thanks,

SpinOutF500

I believe so.

When I log out I get this,

All cookies cleared!

And I think I have to have cookies enabled for another web site or 2.

Since we're off topic anyway... Norton Internet Firewall breaks a lot of things. If you should happen to encounter this, and e-mail me the time shown at the bottom of the page when it happens, I can peruse the log and see if there's anything to see.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12