Thread: OBX Headers...

Question OBX Headers...

OBX headers... anyone use one? Have any experiences with?

I'm thinking now that I've got some exhaust work to do I might as well go ahead and replace my cracked header. So I found this on eBay and found this via OBX's website.

Any info would be appreciated.

Not sure what the case is with their Miata headers, but on a couple of other 4-banger headers, the install is a serious pain in the rump.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Search the pointy board.. the opinions seem to be that it is not a plug and play fit like the JR or the RB. You might consider the Bosal from R Speed. It will cost you an extra $54 with shipping but it has a rep for a better fit and you get some customer service behind it.

I just ordered a X-tune header off of Ebay. $75 TCB deal. I'll let you know how it goes.

It looks like a JR knock off.

I've heard that people had fitment problems with OBX. There's also a 4-1 racing beat knock off that's on Ebay that looks pretty nice. It has a nice merge collector while all the 4-2-1s (including JR) are just cut and welded together.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I have one. I had to massage the unibody slightly to make it fit without hitting, but since then its been great.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpeeder
    I had to massage the unibody slightly to make it fit without hitting, but since then its been great.
    Would that require a hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Would that require a hammer?
    I happen to own a nice assortment of BFH's...

Although I think I may not go the CB route and just pick up a nice RB or FM header.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Although I think I may not go the CB route and just pick up a nice RB or FM header.
    Hate to be pointy, but FM doesn't make a header. In addition, you should keep in mind that the RB doesn't work with hotside superchargers. If you are going to go high dollar, I would recomend a JR like TC has.

I have the Racing Beat power pulse Header, it's a nice Header...if you know you are never going to supercharge your car.
    Everything went in easy except that damned screw in sensor #&%^#.
    The rest was smooth and easy and the sound is great.
    I chose this one because, I thought I would never Supercharge the car.
    I didn't go with OBX because I read many Horror stories about beating on your car with a sledge hammer taking in out of the car several times using pipe benders etc etc.

In Hindsight I would have went with JR even though some say the RB out performs the JR.

Hope this helps, oh btw that pretty stainless steel last about 2 hours....lol
    Now mine is purple and black which moves down into the shiny stuff...lol.
    Last edited by Billy Blaze; 11-12-2005 at 02:26 AM.
    99 Miata Black

I bought one for my 1.6 car and loved it. I was impressed with the quality especially for the price. 100% pleased with my OBX header.

*I keep the car over by 635/30, you're welcome to come check it out.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

The Ebay X-tune header is in and is working great. It actually quieted down the exhaust a little somehow. For $75 you can't beat it.

http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showthread.php?t=4162&page=5

See post #49.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub