Thread: Hi! I'm Yellow Dog.

Default Hi! I'm Yellow Dog.

Hi guys,

New to the forum. I had posted in Miata Tech & Chat asking for Body shop recommendations, and a couple of folks asked me to come here and tell you a little more about myself.

I've had my '97M since November of last year, and it has about 68K miles. So far mostly stock, though I have added a set of Koni Sports (installed by Stevan at Miata Solutions), and some Goodyear GS-D3's. My next projects are a brake job and a timing belt change.

I live west of FtW, outside of Aledo, and work in north Fort Worth. I'm married, no kids, three yellow labs. I've gone to a couple of Lone Star club meetings, but Irving is just too far to go on Friday night.

Mark

Welcome Mark...You will find that there are a great bunch of people here.
    Last edited by riverracer; 11-27-2005 at 03:39 AM.
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Cool another Tarrant county kid! I'm up on the north side of Ft. Worth, keep you eyes on the board, I'm needing to do a brake job on my '99 also, we could make it a tech day!

Welcome to the madness!

Hey there yeller dawg.Nice to have you join us....I also need to bleed and change pads
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Welcome. You should come check out an autocross next season.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Welcome to the madness!!!

Please be sure to read the post about "Aligator hide" ASAP!!!
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Welcome to the club!
    November 12, 2005 - A new beginning
    Devil: 1999 Brilliant Black NB - Base Edition - Stock Spec

AIM ID: ZeroXR13mg
    http://zeroxr.com

Welcome to the madness, yellow dog! Another N Fort Worth resident here - also married with no kids, but only two dogs in my case!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Welcome yellowdog to the insantity.
    No dog, no kid, just me and mrsthang, but we moved from Ft Worth to Arlington last spring.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Welcome to MME. In the short while I have been here, everyone I have met has been very friendly. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I have.
    David
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Engine Builder
    Euless or Burleson or Euless or Burleson or Euless or Burles...

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Cool another Tarrant county kid! I'm up on the north side of Ft. Worth, keep you eyes on the board, I'm needing to do a brake job on my '99 also, we could make it a tech day!

Welcome to the madness!
    welcome mark, we tarrant county kids are growing. i agree with the tech day on this side of the metroplex.

Welcome, I am just west of Aledo in Hudson Oaks/Weatherford.
    Drop a line if you ever want to do something with the car, I am always doing something to mine.
    99 Miata Black

Hola! Yellow Dog, I expected you to have a yellow miata. Now I'll be all messed up when you drive up in 97'M. Hope you get it fixed quickly and correctly.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Welcome....I'm another neighbor....Springtown!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Wow, thanks y'all. You've made me feel really welcome. I don't see much on the calendar - will it pick back up after the holidays?

By the way, I'm still looking for body shop recommendations. Thanks!

Most of our calendar is occupied by autocross events, as a large number of us see about all we can stand of each other on the weekends. Autocross is closed for the year and will probably get going in late February.

It's likely that Runoffs with TC will continue for the next couple Sundays at my house in Plano - figure 2 pm to 6-ish. Last Sunday, we watched a couple races, ate 1.5 pounds of bratwurst, and played (poorly) some GT4.

The North Texas S2000 club is holding it's Christmas party on December 10th - shoot Clovis a PM if you want to crash it. Equipe Rapide is having their Christmas party/awards banquet the same evening.

Last year, we had a fun meet for dinner to ring in the new year.

Somewhere around late January, we'll celebrate our 2nd anniversary at a location yet to be determined.

Plano folks got in the habit of hanging out for coffee on Wednesday nights, but stopped when our hangout closed. BAM! recommends we rekindle the Wednesday night thing at the NE corner of Park & Coit.

A lot of folks hang out at the dog house, home of Track Dog Racing most weekends swapping out shuhart1's motor for some reason or another.

Some of the moderators have secret lunch meetings in Hurst to plot against newbies, however they tend to be so spontaneous, it would be nearly impossible to get there before we were done eating.

From time to time, someone (who either looks a lot like me or rudedog) puts together a drive to somewhere and we go.

In short, yup... Calendar's empty, but there's still stuff to do.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

hhmmm if we were to do some sort of year end GTG I could most likely supply the PA, some tunes and maybe some live music.....just a thought.....no charge.
    99 Miata Black