Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saturday drive?

Somebody call me when you get to 35W and I'll meet you in Godley. cell 817.229.7504
    Plenty of lunch places up 377 towards the Fort.

ok Joe...got your number

otay..I'm leaving the house. call me on the cell if you need to get a hold of me....TtT
    Last edited by Tim the Teacher; 12-03-2005 at 09:07 AM.
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    It's one really, really long ass story...
    That involves a couple really heavy TVs, a broken belt, Bean showing me some nice houses for Iain, a box of donuts, a missing belt, and a big ass 2 x 4....

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Is the Bur fixed?

Titus, you going? If so bring the baby stuff you have for me!
    No, I'm taking a pass on this one, but call me on your way home... There is a chance I way be here then.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    That involves a couple really heavy TVs, a broken belt, Bean showing me some nice houses for Iain, a box of donuts, a missing belt, and a big ass 2 x 4....
    Oh, did you guys find me some houses?

That was a fun day! Tim the teacher, black roadster, riverracer and I met up at Pennington, then drove down to Mansfield, where we picked up FM 917, a very nice, twisty road from Mansfield to Godley. We met up with joe.MIATA in Godley and had lunch. From there it's a quick hop to Motorsports Ranch.

The Ranch was a great place to be today - CVAR was hosting a vintage racing event, so we got to see a slew of beautiful vintage race cars, from old Formula Vees, to '60s era muscle cars to MGs, Porsches, Datsun 510s, original Mini Coopers, etc. Hopefully riverracer and joe will post some of the pics they took.

We also got another treat - we ran into some of the Outlaws down there, and got the opportunity to do some ride alongs on the new track! That track is going to be fun - it's a tight and twisty track with huge elevation changes and some blind corners. Very challenging, but it's going to be a great course for a Miata! It's going to be even more fun to drive the two tracks together - the way the new course is set up, you'll be able to really carry some speed into Ricochet.

I can't wait for an opportunity to drive it!
    Last edited by altiain; 12-03-2005 at 04:06 PM.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

It was great time....and the ride along was the best part!!!
    I'll post the pics as soon as I get back from onethings Christmas light event.....
    Jerry
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

It was definately a treat to see the old vintage cars. I even saw an Alfa Romeo GT 1300 junior like the one I owned when I lived in Italy back in the 70's. The ride in a 2005 Boxter on the new track was great and I almost lost my cookies on the first lap. The female driver was a Porche Racing instructor and she was a very skilled driver! I had an absolute blast! Thanks to JoeMiata for the suggestion.
    BTW...I broke traction on a curve going over there on FM917; 3Bean would have been proud.
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

What a perfect day and what a perfect ending to the day! MSR Track B is going to be sweet and not nearly as spooky as I thought. While there are some spots that look tricky, the areas with little run off seem to be areas where you're not likely to run off.

The ending of what is called the pipeline which is the turn at the bottom of the hill going CW could be tricky if you're not careful. Mike Preston's NA-NB (Make Sence?) seemed to have adequate power going up the hill. While we ran it spiritedly it wasn't 10/10ths so it will be interesting to see what develops as speed increases.

Also, It's only a half mile shorter than Track A but seems much shorter. There appear to be no passing zones and it certainly has less down time than Track A, meaning it keeps you busy unlike the straits in Track A that give you a simi-breather between the turns.

Youse guys that didn't go really missed out!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Here are the pictures from todays run to MSR
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/812466/12
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123