Thread: New Alignment ?

Default New Alignment ?

Any new info or new shops in North Dallas/Carrollton/Plano that would be good to get my alignment done? Yes I did search and then I got lost in altain's post and very confused. I would think I would be fine with a regular alignment, because I am not racing at this time, but if there are specs that would help me with my somewhat aggressive driving style it would be appreciated.
    thanks

because this is what the insides of both front tires look like
    Last edited by dyingbreed; 12-19-2005 at 01:34 PM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dyingbreed
    then i got lost in altain's post and very confused.
    That pretty much covers all of Altiain's posts!

Some good information available on this page.

But if you just wanting a factory alignment any shop should be able to help ya!

Thanks POS that sounds about how i drive, now i jsut need to find a reasonable shop near me.

I'm sure you're not looking for a race car quality alignment, which can cost $100-200 or maybe more. I've had good service at NTB in Richarson off Arapaho. There's a guy there that is pretty good and will do any custom specs you ask for; even let me sit in the car while he did it.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

thanks Icepenguin

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66
    There's a guy there that is pretty good and will do any custom specs you ask for; even let me sit in the car while he did it.
    I'm just curious....What was the point of sitting in the car while he did the work?
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Quote Originally Posted by riverracer
    I'm just curious....What was the point of sitting in the car while he did the work?
    There are several things that change in a cars suspension when there is driver weight in it. If you get an alignment (this is more important on a race alignment than a street one), your weight in the car could cause a minor change in the alignment when the suspension compresses a little. So if the car is aligned with driver weight, it will be a more precise alignment. I think.
    Last edited by blackzx3_13; 12-20-2005 at 11:17 AM.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Thank you....Good answer
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Quote Originally Posted by riverracer
    Thank you....Good answer
    Thanks, I hope it helped.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    There are several things that change in a cars suspension when there is driver weight in it. If you get an alignment (this is more important on a race alignment than a street one), your weight in the car could cause a minor change in the alignment when the suspension compresses a little. So if the car is aligned with driver weight, it will be a more precise alignment. I think.
    Yep that would be it. I'm sure you notice the change in ride height when you get in/out of the car. I think my coilovers are a hair taller on the driver side so its all level when I'm in the car. Like ya said, not a big deal on a street car but can influence a race car setup that you may notice...I can't but oh well it's better even if I can't tell. Guess you could compare lap times with and without sitting in the car for the alignment!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...