Thread: Stupid SUV drivers

Default Stupid SUV drivers

I just had my car painted as you all know. I went to Houston last week and some Jerk tried to fit his SUV in a spot made for a Miata. But that didn't stop this from trying to fit it in, right in front of my Miata. I guess he thought he'd bump me, to figure out how far back he could go. Problem is his bumper is higher then mine, thus his bumper took the paint off my nose and scratched it all to hell. Unfortunately, I wasn't there when it happened. Some time later I left, and noticed the parked very close to my front end, but I couldn't see the damage until the next day in the light. Needless to say, he didn't leave a note or anything.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Man, I hate stuff like this!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

People sure can suck!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Sorry to hear that TD.

I feel your pain. A similar thing happened to my '93 a few years ago. A guy backed into it at a parking lot exit. He just decided he didn't want to go out that way, threw it in reverse, and put some massive scratches and a small dent in the hood (and cracked all the paint on the nose) despite my honking and hollering (top was down). And he had no drivers license or ID of any kind. I'm not kidding.

The guy who actually owned the truck never returned the phone calls of his insurance company and was cancelled for it, but that didn't do me any good. Thankfully $250 and some uninsured motorist coverage saved my butt (and the '93's other end). I ended up with a new nose, new hood, and paint all over the front.

It's gonna work out. Have you filed on your uninsured yet? It doesn't raise your rates (if you have a valid claim, which it seems that you sure do).

C

Quote Originally Posted by ccage
    It's gonna work out. Have you filed on your uninsured yet? It doesn't raise your rates (if you have a valid claim, which it seems that you sure do).
    C
    Nope, I know I'm going to regret this but .... see here (http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showthrea...ight=insurance) for my position on carrying insurance on a paid for car Even still I stand my my decision to not carry full coverage, even though the last couple of months have been expensive body-shop wise
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Well, I'm certainly sorry to hear that. Ouch.

This certainly isn't the time to argue that you should/shouldn't have had the insurance (or to argue the benefit of you having come out ahead -- having not had an accident for two years, then having $1k worth of damage -- vs. the suckage of not having the $1k you saved at hand to spend on the repairs).

Let's just suffice it to say I'm sorry you're in the suckage right now, and I hope it gets better.

C

Thanks for the support guys. I'm thinking about a big'ol Push Bar on the front of my Miata. You know, like the cops have on their cars. That would show those SUV's...hehe. Do you think it would throw the balance of the car off?