Thread: Surf 'n Safari '04

Default Surf 'n Safari '04

Wanna go to California???

--------------

Surf's Up in San Diego! In October, the San Diego Miata Club will be hosting "Surf 'N' Safari '04", 5 years after the smashingly successful Surf 'N' Safari '99. This MIATA ONLY event, being held October 14-17, 2004, is not simply a repeat of the '99 event. It's being held at a different venue, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Some of San Diego's most beautiful countryside and some of the twistiest roads in San Diego County are only minutes away.

SNS '04 is being held at Pala Mesa Resort. An absolutely gorgeous Resort located in the northern end of San Diego County (Fallbrook area):

http://www.palamesa.com/

Activities planned for SNS '04 include:

* Thursday Night Reception (No host Bar)
    * Friday Fun Runs to a couple different locations in the county (take your
    pick)
    * Friday Night Dinner Fiesta with Entertainment
    * Saturday Murder Mystery Rallye
    * Saturday Night Banquet Dinner with entertainment by The Cat-illacs
    [http://www.catillacs.com]
    * Sunday Show and Shine/Show and Grime Car Show
    * Vendor Mall through the entire event!
    * Plus more fun stuff still being planned!

Goodies included are:

* Surf 'N' Safari '04 T-shirt (one per registered attendee)
    * Surf 'N' Safari '04 Pin
    * Surf 'N' Safari '04 Window Decal
    * Plus other goodies still being planned!

To register for Surf 'N' Safari, please visit the dedicated site at:

http://www.miataconnection.com/

You may register with a credit card (secure site) on-line through the above site or you can download a registration form for mailing. Registration is currently $150 per person. However, that rate is only good through the end of June. On July 1, the rate goes up to $170 per person so get those registrations made ASAP!

BTW, the SNS '04 Committee has worked with Mazda and Hertz to have Miata rentals available for pickup at Hertz's San Diego Airport Location. Hertz has already located their Miatas in the Southern California area to that location. If you plan on renting a Miata through Hertz, there are specific steps that must be taken. I am the SDMC coordinator for Miata rentals during Surf 'N' Safari. Please contact me privately for full details (the SNS web site has not been updated with this information yet).

SNS '99 is fondly remembered by many as one of the best Miata events they have ever attended. In particular, '99's Saturday night banquet was...well.. just plain AWESOME. SNS '04 is shaping up to be even better!
    The Cat-illacs are an awesome group that engages and involves the crowd.
    You will have a fantastic time!!

See you then!

Mark Booth
    SNS '04 Miata Car Rental Coordinator and unofficial SNS '04 "cheerleader" :) [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I just drove to San Diego and back... and that was in the Accord! No thanks... but those twisties out there are fun!

Hmm...
    Yikes what is that like 1200 miles to get to San Diego!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I just drove to San Diego and back... and that was in the Accord! No thanks... but those twisties out there are fun!

Hmm...
    Yikes what is that like 1200 miles to get to San Diego!
    Well.... here's what we did.

Frisco to El Paso - stayed overnight

El Paso to San Diego/Coronado - stayed 3 days

San Diego to Long Beach/Queen Mary - stayed 1 night

Long Beach to L.A. - stayed 4 days

L.A. to Phoenix to El Paso - dinner with my cousin the cop in Phoenix then off to El Paso for a night's stay.

El Paso to Frisco - home!

I have the milage somewhere... if I remember it was a tick under 3k round trip.

And the 1000 is just to get out of the great state of Texas.