Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lugnutjon got hit - car probably totalled

That's a tough one. I hope everything works out for him in the long run.

It's scary to think of how this kind of thing can happen at any moment. A friend of mine decided (this was a few years ago) to run to just run down the street to Sonic with his wife and got smacked by a distracted driver and ended up in the hospital for months. Just last week a guy ran the stop sign at Legacy and Eldorado here and plowed into the car right in front of Audra. The guy said he normally took Teel (which has a traffic light) and was distracted by his cell phone...

Damn.

C

Crap!

Sorry to hear about the accident - we'll keep him in prayers. Hurst PD should have their name drug through the mud by the press for that -up.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

ditto

Thanks for all the well wishes, guys (and gals). I talked with Jon again tonight and he said his ribs are feeling better, but his knees are a little sore. Mel and I encouraged him to see a doctor. He said he was kinda glad that this weekend looks like a washout, as he really wasn't feeling like racing all weekend in his condition.

I'll keep everyone posted with updates.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Hey Iain, what roll bad did Jon have in his car? How much did that help in the side impact? I remember from auto-xes his bar was pretty beefy. Just something to think about driving around in little open top cars.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I am glad he's ok at the moment but I would stongly suggest going to see a Dr.
    I have had whiplash 4 times from every angle each time it was someone elses fault, but the worst one I had there were no real bad symptoms for months after the wreck...now I have degenerative arthritis in my C-Spine.

It really sux that there are so many people out on the road that really can't drive and don't respect how deadly a vehicle can be, and a lot that have no insurance on top of that.
    Then you have stuff in the road that fly's off trucks when people dont tie their loads down properly.
    What about retreads off 18 wheelers....I won't even go there.
    It's kind of like we are running an Auto-X everyday we get on a public road.

That being said the legal limit is what now? .06? that is less than a beer an hour If that is the case everyone who opens a beer and finishes it in an hour is drunk by law, seems to me the law makers dont get it.

Anyway I am glad that Lugnutjon seems ok, and I am very sorry about his car being totalled possibly, but he's lucky the guy had insurance.
    Last edited by Billy Blaze; 02-17-2006 at 08:27 AM. Reason: blah
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    Hey Iain, what roll bad did Jon have in his car? How much did that help in the side impact? I remember from auto-xes his bar was pretty beefy. Just something to think about driving around in little open top cars.
    I could be wrong but I think he had the HD Sport with double diagonals.

Get well Jon!
    No more Miata

Holy crap Jon! Glad to hear you are ok! But what a bummer. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    I am glad he's ok at the moment but I would stongly suggest going to see a Dr.
    I have had whiplash 4 times from every angle each time it was someone elses fault, but the worst one I had there were no real bad symptoms for months after the wreck...now I have degenerative arthritis in my C-Spine.
    YES YES YES YES YES!

My dad just finshed up his second back surgery. Four vertebra fused in his neck and a couple in his lower back thanks to getting rear ended by a driver going 55mph while he was stopped in traffic. The problems showed up MONTHS later when he suddenly found himself unable to walk properly.

He needs to get fully checked out.

RJ
    Last edited by tailchaser; 02-17-2006 at 11:33 AM.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

That's exactly what happened to me, rear ended while stopped in traffic.
    Dislocated C-3,5,and 7.
    It's real important to not sign anything til he knows that there REALLY isn't something wrong that might show up later.
    99 Miata Black

Did the other driver have and history of drunk driving or tickets? Drivers that make it a habit of driving poorly should not be able to drive. It is a privilege not a right!

Here is to a speedy and full recovery.

Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

The other guy's insurance co. should be eager to settle. Hopefully Jon can get his medical bills paid and enough for a shiny new car to replace the Miata. Our firm doesn't handle these types of cases, but let me know if I need to ask around for a good lawyer for him. We have a wealth of knowledge to draw from here.

S.

DANG THAT SUCKS!

I'm just catching up this morning. Sure hope Jon's feeling better soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12