Thread: Trying to expand my tastes in beer... Suggestions?

Default Trying to expand my tastes in beer... Suggestions?

I know that some have said that I have quite odd tastes for a beer drinker at such a young age by some on this forum... But I wanted to see if anyone could suggest some interesting beers for me to look for when I do my next alcohol run.

I am not much a beer person, but I do enjoy mixed drinks with vodka (80 proof or it sucks, IMO), straight or mixed Crown Royal are my big favorites. I can't stand malted drinks like Smearnoff Ice and the like. For beers, Shiner Bock and Kirin Ichiban are my favorites. I have had Budweiser, Heinekin (sp?), Keystone, Coors, and other similar beers, but they don't do anything for me flavor-wise. I haven't had Corona's yet, but I am debating on it...

Help me find good new beers to try, fellow legal adults of MME!
    November 12, 2005 - A new beginning
    Devil: 1999 Brilliant Black NB - Base Edition - Stock Spec

AIM ID: ZeroXR13mg
    http://zeroxr.com

Speaking from many years of experence. I would suggest that you slow down dude. No need to try and drink some of everything this early in your life. You have plenty of drinking years ahead of you. Too big a hurry will cause you problems.... We can discuss this more at Joe's Crab Shack if you go to that post and tell us which day is best for you.
    Thanks
    Jerry
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Have you ever been to The Flying Saucer They have over 100 beers on tap and you can sample them before ordering. Good place to test your taste buds when it comes to beer.
    No more Miata

Take a trip to Asheville, North Carolina. Find Hannah Flannagan's. Perch yourself on a stool, and drink the bar (roughly 38 different brews, all above par, save the apparently mandatory bud light...). The scenery is great, and the young lady at the bar isn't hard on the eyes either. If ya smile at her, she'll even draw a clover on yer head when you order a stout.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I like guniess, shiner, Bass, Samuel adams (regular and summer ale) st. pauly girl......just to name a few

as for Crown, I like it straight, with coke, yaeger, or in a rattlesnake (ameretto, crown and baileys...shaken over ice and pored into a shot...3 shot drink)
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    If ya smile at her, she'll even draw a clover on yer head when you order a stout.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Head; A foamy white substance that forms at the top of beers which don't resemble diluted rats pee or have "light" in their name
    "Get to Heaven half an hour before the devil knows your dead"

www.myspace.com/theelectrics