Thread: Misc. Car sightings

Default Misc. Car sightings

I have seen several different cars on the road that have stuck in my mind lately, and I thought I would post about them.

1. Jeep Commander- I was not too impressed with the pictures when they first came out, but I saw a Silver one on 35E last week that was rather sharp. The 5.7 Hemi badge on the back didn't hurt.
    2. Dodge Caliber- Ugly in pictures, it is ugly on the road too.
    3. Mustang GT- I have only been look warm to the new mustang look, but I saw a GT this evening that was silver with dark gray racing stripes and extra wide rubber under it. I could live with this one as a daily driver.
    4. Chevy HHR- The first one I saw a few months back was a base model, and I thought it was awful. Tonight I saw one the was optioned out, and it didn't look half bad. It looked downright nice when a beat-up PT Cruiser pulled up next to it.

+1 on the Caliber. It was ugly, and orange.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Having had a HHR as a rental I can say that they are not that great, I couldn't stand the windows, brakes, or the little light that comes on to see the center console at night
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

I saw a cool micro car the other day. It had Chihuahua, Mexico plates. I Googled it and found it was a Daewoo Matiz.

It's so ugly it's kind of cute.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I kind of have a soft spot for the Commander, too, despite the fact that it's a big slug of an SUV.

I think the HHR is sharp, and Chevy is selling a bunch of them, so hopefully it will be a small way of sunshine in GM's dark world.

The 2006 350Z has bigger, better looking wheels and is damn good looking these days. 300hp and those good looks would make it a tempting Miata replacement...

I've seen a couple of Mazda 5s around lately. I like them. They put the "mini" back in minivan!

S.

Yea, I saw a Dodge Caliber the other day, I was amazed at how ugly it actually was.

My brothers father in law(...not sure what thats called) just bought a black Mustang GT. Its the first Mustang in 40 years to look that sexy in my oppinion.

Ive been hating the HHRs for a few months now. My step mom drives a PT Cruiser, aside from the cheap factor, they really arent that bad of a car, good daily driver.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

I thought the A3 was only available in 4 door? I don't see any 2 door Audi (other than the TT) on Audi.com.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    I saw a cool micro car the other day. It had Chihuahua, Mexico plates. I Googled it and found it was a Daewoo Matiz.

It's so ugly it's kind of cute.
    I see those about every day... Lots of the Taxis use those here. Hyundai has the same basic thing too.. They're actually sold at the Dodge Dealers... Dodge ATOS
    http://www.dodge.com.mx/frGen2Hoja.a...?ClaveGen=ATTI

What else have I seen... (in mexico..)

1) Hyundai Elantra Badged as a Dodge 'Attitude' They had one sitting in the mall.. Still had Hyundai logos on teh steering wheel and hubcaps, but everywhere else said Dodge. Weird!
    http://www.dodge.com.mx/frGen2Hoja.a...?ClaveGen=ATTI

2) Saw a Smart car two days ago.. It was bright pink and had Barbie plates and stickers all over it.

3) Honda Fit - Several on teh road here.. not too bad

4) Calibur - looks better than I thought it would, but not impressive..

5) Toyota Yaris - Weird lookin!

6) Nissan Micra. Like a weird looking VW bug thing.. Tiny!

I'm sure I can think of a few others...
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I thought the A3 was only available in 4 door? I don't see any 2 door Audi (other than the TT) on Audi.com.

4 door only in the US right now..

2 doors are elsewhere in teh world... They're around in Mexico.. I like 'em!
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

You're right... only the four door in the states. That photo was the first one I found of nicely modified A3.

A4 'vert is a 2-door...

Bean, I've seen that A3 on the PGBT a couple of times. Looks pretty sharp.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw