Thread: onething retires . . .

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Default onething retires . . .

or a warm up to 4/1/06

They cancelled the first S2K event today; again. It got me to thinkin' as I lay in bed at 8:30 this morning - I may just quit autocrossing. Here are some of the reasons:

1. I got to sleep in for three precious hours longer than if I had AXed today

2. I'm warm and dry.

3. My wife made me a hot, healthy breakfast.

4. The chances that tc will tell me today, "Its the long skinny pedal." are much less.

5. That relatively large check I wrote to cover registration is still in my pocket.

6. I get to watch all of Sebring (well, all that is tevelvised)

7. Maybe the Putt-Putt gokart track is open. Slick track in the rain might be interesting . . .

I'll see you guys in the morning.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    I'll see you guys in the morning.

We meeting at Einsteins in the AM??

Hey POS - you runnin' TCS or CS? lugnutjon and I are going to come and rain on onething's parade.

Come to think of it, I think I'll swap tires today, so I can just drive out and back on the Azenis tomorrow.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Hey POS - you runnin' TCS or CS? lugnutjon and I are going to come and rain on onething's parade.
    I'm thinking about running the 4Runner it has better wipers.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

There will always be someone faster than you and/or slower than you on any given day. I don't think any of us will be quiting our day jobs. Shut up and drive!

PS

SAY IT ISN'T SO!! I think your just a little under the weather. I think some seat time will cure that right up. BTW I'm glad lugnutjon and Iain are running TCS. I would like to see how much faster they are than me. Iain, could you or jon ride with me a couple times tom? I'm also up for Einstein's.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Decided to drive Jon's RX-8 instead, that was a mistake. That car is in desperate need of some prep work before it is ready for prime time! It pushes like a pig coming into the corners, through the corners, and exiting corners, then transitions into oversteer on corner exit with little warning. Thankfully the long wheelbase makes the oversteer very controllable. I'm sure the factory mystery alignment coupled with 20k mile old OEM tires didn't help at all today, but so far I'm not overly impressed with that car. I kinda wish I had run the Miata after all, as the Azenis felt 100x better driving the car to and from the event in the rain.

Hopefully a big front bar, an alignment, and some less craptacular tires will go a long way towards making the RX-8 more fun to race.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw