Thread: V710s are legal again!!!

Default V710s are legal again!!!

Link to the announcement.

Hopefully Tire Rack will start shipping hte inventory they have this week, and I'll have my replacements before the S2000 event!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Damn! There goes any chance I had of being anywhere close to you guys for the rest of the season. I hate being beaten by a tire...

Will the TireRack just send them to you or do you have to ask for them now? Reason I ask. I still have tread on the Victorracer. I would hope they would not sell my replacement tires to someone like (Kestrel :) Bet that will get I rise out of you). Just curious if you had talked to the Tirerack. I went through Discount Tire and the process so far has been handled very well.

But seriously I hope Kestrel and anyone else can get a set if they want them.

From a thread on the pointy board:

Originally posted by Grant@TireRack:

The SCCA has reinstated the V710 model for the season. We are processing the replacement orders in the order they came in and are shipping the tires as they become available from Kumho. Not all sizes are available in the replacement tire at this time. The fastest way to get specific information about your order status is to contact our customer service department directly at 1-800-428-8355 ext# 360. Thye will be able to track down your replacement order and let you know when to expect the tires. Have your billing phone number and or customer number ready. They will need that information to track down you order information.

Grant

1-877-522-8473 ext# 313
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Kumho rep just called to verify my address. They are shipping the replacement tires direct to me within a few days. Sorry Kestrel I did not give them your address.

went to tirerack and foudn nuthin' on sizes yet....

anyone gotta link?
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse

anyone gotta link?
    There probably won't be any available to new buyers for awhile yet - last I saw said they didn't even have enough in country yet to cover all of the people who originally had them. Those people (like the General and I) come first, then Kumho's contract drivers, then you late-adoptin' general public types in the back of the line. :P

To top it off, there weren't any applicable 16" sizes available before the ban, so I think you're SOL until next season anyway, rx7gslse.

On a side note, I called Tire Rack earlier this afternoon, and they estimated delivery by next Friday for my replacement set.
    Iain

Well, next Friday came and went ( ), but I do have good news!
    In Transit -
    On Time
    Sched. Delivery: Jul 22, 2004
    Shipped to: NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, TX, US
    Service Type: GROUND
    Multiple Packages: 2

Your package is in the UPS system and is on time with a scheduled delivery date of Jul 22, 2004.
    Looks like I'll have tires for this weekend after all!
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    Damn! There goes any chance I had of being anywhere close to you guys for the rest of the season. I hate being beaten by a tire...
    How did you manage to directly link your posts to the 'excuse generator'? Thats quite a neat trick.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpeeder
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    How did you manage to directly link your posts to the 'excuse generator'? Thats quite a neat trick.
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse

anyone gotta link?
    There probably won't be any available to new buyers for awhile yet - last I saw said they didn't even have enough in country yet to cover all of the people who originally had them. Those people (like the General and I) come first, then Kumho's contract drivers, then you late-adoptin' general public types in the back of the line. :P

To top it off, there weren't any applicable 16" sizes available before the ban, so I think you're SOL until next season anyway, rx7gslse.

On a side note, I called Tire Rack earlier this afternoon, and they estimated delivery by next Friday for my replacement set.
    eh, I'm not going to head out and buy any right now anyway... I was just wanting to see what sizes they had offered. I kow they intro'ed with a limited subset with more to come, so I was just being curious if anyone had info..

I'll probably just stick with the V700s. They're sticky enough and serve well for dual duty autox/road course.. Somehow I suspect the 710s won't last as road course tires...

You obvisouly didn't see the pictures of my Ecsta V700s after last weekend at Mineral Wells...

Side note - my V710s showed up today! Now I've got to get them mounted and heat-cycled tomorrow morning so they'll be ready for Sunday.
    Iain

I think my V700s are special or someting, but I got one of the earlier sets for the Rx7 (235/45-13) and I've gotten probabaly 20 autoX, two MSR events, and one long day at Hallett out of them with no issues at all really.. they're a lot greasier than when they started, but still have some tread left (rotation is good)

I have been pleased with them, I just figured I'd stick wit them... we'll see how these 16s do on teh MSM.
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??