Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wiper Blades

Default Wiper Blades

So on the free shipping with Trussville I was going to order up a set of wiper blades, is it just me or does this description seem a bit odd.
    DESCRIPTION:

These are Mazda Wiper Blade Refills. Exact Factory Replacement. Easily Trimmed to Required Length. Durable Molded Rubber.

PART NAME, PART NO., OUR PRICE
    Mazda Wiper Blade Refill 2 Pack, 0000-83-WIPR-RF, $6.08

Funny... I was thinking just the other day how the Murano wiper blades were so nice when the car was new, and I don't recall ever having an aftermarket blade that was as effective. I decided that i would pick up a set of OEMs for the Miata next time I had a chance. As I started to read your post, I was right with you on the Trussville deal. But Easily Trimmed to Required Length?

Yea the phrase, "Exact Factory Replacement. Easily Trimmed to Required Length" just don't seem to go hand in hand.......

Well, I needed plug wires and oil filters anyway, and I wasn't going to spend $24 on the full wiper blade, so I got the $6 refill. I will let you know what I think in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Well, I needed plug wires and oil filters anyway, and I wasn't going to spend $24 on the full wiper blade, so I got the $6 refill. I will let you know what I think in a week or so.
    I need to order today since I am taking a "Road Trip" first thing Thursday morning. I was going to order 2 sets but figure I'll just go with one! Trying to think what else I need........

I think I tried that once. I think that if like most of us you have changed blades, then you are SOL. The aftermarket blades aren't supposed to be "refilled" Plus iirc it is pain to try and slip the new refill in.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    I think I tried that once. I think that if like most of us you have changed blades.
    Nah both of my Miatas still have the wiper blades they got when they were in Hiroshima.

I think I tried that once. I think that if like most of us you have changed blades, then you are SOL. The aftermarket blades aren't supposed to be "refilled" Plus iirc it is pain to try and slip the new refill in.
    If I end up in that boat, I may stick these refills in the drawer for next year and the bite the bullet on the $24 OEM blades. I didn't much care out in California, but it seems to be worth it to get back to OEM when you have to deal with Texas sized rain.

Rain-X

Rain-X
    Yep, best stuff made. I keep a bottle in each of my rides.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

I thought you guys are pros!? Even for me, it only took 10 minutes do the OEM refill, and 5 if was not being annal!

Cutting part is easy. Line up the old one with the refill and you have it. I cut it 1/2" longer. I like my wiper cover a little more ground.
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong
    I thought you guys are pros!? Even for me, it only took 10 minutes do the OEM refill, and 5 if was not being annal!

Cutting part is easy. Line up the old one with the refill and you have it. I cut it 1/2" longer. I like my wiper cover a little more ground.
    What can I say.... POS is a .

What can I say.... POS is a .
    I'm all about the originality on my ultra low mileage Miata.

Still quite a contradictory description don't ya think!
    Exact Factory Replacement. Easily Trimmed to Required Length

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I'm all about the originality on my ultra low mileage Miata.
    I can respect that. Let me know when you are ready to sell the as you continue your quest for originality.

Talking

I can respect that. Let me know when you are ready to sell the as you continue your quest for originality.
    I only have the as a way to keep the miles off the OEM wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I only have the as a way to keep the miles off the OEM wheels.
    I love it... an answer for everything! I assume the same explanation applies to the Konis? I like this... I see all new justifications for a whole new garage full of toys. Perhaps I need an NC to keep the miles off my rare Sunburst.

Yeah POS let me know, Ill buy the since Titus wont have a use for them...

I love it... an answer for everything! I assume the same explanation applies to the Konis? I like this...
    Ya hit the nail on the head!

The Bilstiens are resting comfortably in a hermetically sealed storage device!

It's good to be me!

Nice!

Yes... sadly, the autocross gods think I should not autocross. I really hope things change, but it is more than a little discouraging.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast