Thread: Hit and run on my focus. (kinda)

Default Hit and run on my focus. (kinda)

Well today I was running some errands inbetween school and work, when much to my suprise, I come out of a store to see a note on my focus. It said that a teenage girl backed into my car and drove off but here is the liscense plate number. I looked and my hood has some mild damage, but thats about it. I called the police and had a report made, but the liscense plate # came back as a canceled plate out of Ft. Worth. I am going to get them to run it as Oklahoma plates also to see if that gets me anywhere too. I'll post some pics tom. when it is light out again. And no Titus its not totaled. :)
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

PM me the plate and I can ... (EDIT: Please don't post discuss illegal activities in public)

RJ
    Last edited by tailchaser; 04-05-2006 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Protecting the innocent
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Let the cops figure it out, and if they can't, just file on your uninsured motorist coverage. It's usually a $200 deductible and they do whatever's required to repair the car -- AND track down the jerk who did it. If they can find them, they'll give you your $200 back once they beat it out of them. (This, btw, really happens. I got my $200 back the last time I filed.) They have all the resources available to find the person, and when they do, they have lots of leverage (read: "pay for the damage you did or we turn you over to the DPS and they take your license" -- ouch!).

And before all the "I don't really know why I carry insurance anyway" crowd starts telling you not to file because it'll raise your rates -- it won't. It's not your fault.

C

Like ccage said... That's what uninsured motorist coverage is for. You've already done the pre-requisite - filing the police report. Good luck!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Here are some pics. Thanks for all the input, and I'll keep you updated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Looks totaled to me.

Love the "power bulge" hood! Soon every Focus driver will want one.

I don't think it will be easy to sell now that it's been wrecked
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune...
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........