Thread: Denton dragway?

Default Denton dragway?

Anyone going tonight?
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Suspension Modder

where's the denton dragway?

What days/times are they open?

I'm new to denton (only been working here 6 months)... didn't even know there WAS a drag way...

Suspension Modder

If it's not raining, I'm going tomorrow night.

Hopefully, this will be the last week my car's na, and I want some before and after #s.

My plan is to run it Friday night for times, swap the fidanza flywheel and spec clutch in this weekend, go back to the strip next friday for times, then put the blower on the following weekend....

Next time the pro-mods or the TTT5 class is out there I'll go. I'll be in kennedale for the ttt5's tomorrow. I love the turbo outlaw cars running 4.30's.

Suspension Modder

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg
    Next time the pro-mods or the TTT5 class is out there I'll go. I'll be in kennedale for the ttt5's tomorrow. I love the turbo outlaw cars running 4.30's.
    do you run your car?

Suspension Modder

Went friday night: 10.26 was my first, and best run. I really thought that I'd actually red-lighted on that run, so I was kinda shocked when it turned out to be my fastest.

Worst (not including red-lighting) was 11.56... really really really bad launch.

I made 8 passes, but a 10.35 was the closest I ever came to beating my first run.

Ok. This week/weekend I'm doing my fidanza flywheel and clutch, so 2 weeks and I'll go back to see if the flywheel made any difference in accel times.

Then, 2 weeks later, I should be done w/my SC install, and I'll go back again to see how much difrfernce it makes

i did 10.4's a few weeks ago, and getting faster. i shoulda went out there w/ you then bc the flywheel will be good for a good .2 sec, at least. i raced adam in comparable cars and everytime i shifted, the fidanza get me a few more feet..... i know its only 2 shifts, but every lil bit helps right? with more drag tuning, less gas, playing with the pressures more, and paying to the lights better, i should be in the low tens. years ago, i ran mid nines on 101hp for the 1/8th in ennis. 15.7 1/4mi. i NEVER did that again btw...

Default drag

hey when is this happening?

I wanna go and check it out, i'm not sure about running but i'll see how everything runs in denton...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Suspension Modder

Well, I'm going to put my clutch and flywheel in saturday, so I need to go back either saturday night, or next friday.

Looks like the "test and tune" on saturday night from 6pm -midnight is when I'm going back. If for some wierd reason I can't get my clutch done saturday or sunday, then I will go back the next friday night.

Anybody wants to help w/the clutch is more than welcome to, too! I've got an air compressor and tools, w/floor jacks and jackstands, just no lift... but since the miata tranny is such a relatively light one, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.