Thread: Valve job and other bits

Default Valve job and other bits

Got the Fm Sways, heat shield, shock tower brace, spec 2 clutch, and headers swaped today...and a good start on getting my MOMO seat installed.

Bad news is Gary said that I would likely need to have a valve job, we are supposed to do a compression test next time I am over there to see what he can find out, then I will likely go and have either the valve job done or a top end rebuild.
    After driving Gary's NA I now have somewhat of a baseline and my car has probably about half the torque and power as his, so much that I had to look under the hood to make sure it didn't have a turbo or SC in it.
    I knew I wasn't getting as much power as everyone else but dayum.
    Just another pit stop on the way to Boost.

on a good note the car handles great!, and sounds awesome.
    Last edited by Billy Blaze; 04-09-2006 at 12:14 AM. Reason: blah
    99 Miata Black

Default Mouglie

any pics? wish i would have taken some... anyway nice to meet you.
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

One issue I have heard Billy with getting just the top end done, is that the fresh head will now pull oil up past the rings. I am sure Gary can point you in the right direction with a compression check though.

Nah no pics yet, I sure hope I dont have to have a total rebuild.
    99 Miata Black