Thread: Freeware Email Spam Blocker (POP3-Outlook)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Question Freeware Email Spam Blocker (POP3-Outlook)

Any recommendations?

Hmmm... My PC that I bought a little over a year ago has "Internet Explorer Pop-up Blocker" built in. It is fully integrated and accessible from the Privacy tab of the internet options menu. I had always assumed that it was included with XP SP2 or IE6 SP2.

The McAfee Internet Secuirty Suite comes with a good one. Usually you can pick up last year's suite for $10 after rebates or whatever. Plus the anti-virus is much better than Norton imo.
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR

TCB approved and works very well. SpamBayes

Works well on Outlook, not nicely with Outlook Express, but a very accurate filter once setup to your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Hey, he said EMAIL SPAM BLOCKER!
    Doh! I saw POP and started typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Doh! I saw POP and started typing.
    I like Fresca!

Quote Originally Posted by TheChadVIII
    The McAfee Internet Secuirty Suite comes with a good one. Usually you can pick up last year's suite for $10 after rebates or whatever. Plus the anti-virus is much better than Norton imo.
    cough.. cough...

Security alerts were issued on McAfee Internet Security Suite 2005. Apparently, the McAfee bug involves the software's security restrictions feature. The bug could enable hackers to circumvent security restrictions or even disable the software.
    Nope... Norton is the way to go. I have Norton Internet Security 2006 and it covers spam as well. I have no troubles what so ever and I've used Norton products at home for several years.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Even Windows can have holes that hackers can get through, and they release a patch for that too. I've just had too many problems with Norton and it not wanting to disable itself during LAN parties haha, thats my only grief about it.
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR