Thread: So who knows a good traffic lawyer?

Default So who knows a good traffic lawyer?

This weekend when I was driving back from Houston I got nailed with a speeding ticket 89 in a 60, lol whoops. The ticket itself is $296(minus shipping ) which puts me over 25MPH the limit which means no differed or defensive driving. The thing is though, the cop radar'd me while I was passing which I've heard they can't actualy do... So does anyone know a good lawyer that I could use to either A)(best case) get it thrown out or B) get me differed. It was in Dallas County, on I45 North right before the exit for Mars Rd.

Oh and it's my first ticket if it makes any difference at all.

I might know a good ticket fixer. Who wrote you the ticket? The City? Highway Patrol?

S.

These guys took care of one for me and it did not go on my record. They'll be straight up with you on what they can do for you.

http://www.dallasattorney.com/

Good Luck!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Freeway sheriff. Mr. J. Webb, so says the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolix
    Freeway sheriff. Mr. J. Webb, so says the ticket.
    Do you mean Dallas County Sheriff?

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    Do you mean Dallas County Sheriff?

I guess. Here is the ticket I got:

Last edited by Bolix; 04-20-2006 at 04:41 PM.

A guy I work with who was chief prosecutor in Dallas for a number of years recommends this guy if you're looking to make the ticket disappear and aren't super cost-sensitive.

S.

9 chances out of 10 you can represent yourself and get the same deal as a lawyer (ie: probation and the ticket doesn't go on your record), but if you think it will cost more money to go to court (missing work) then try James Mallory, if he can't help you he can probably recommend someone who can in your area.
    He has kept my record clean for 21 years :)
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    You may want to blank out your DL number...
    Thanks! Knew I missed something.

Billy, the only reason I was thinking of a lawyer was mainly due to the fact that I am trying to get it dismissed becuase of the fact that I got radar'd while passing, but as I am an 18yr old college kid with zero proof of that I figured a lawyer was the better way to go

James Lawler helped me many times.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

I wouldn't try to represent myself for 29 over. That's pretty fast. The guy I recommended charges $75 and can likely get you 180 days deferred.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolix
    It was in Dallas County, on I45 North right before the exit for Mars Rd.

Oh and it's my first ticket if it makes any difference at all.
    Be careful with using a traffic lawyer for the Wilmer/Hutchins area. Thats where I got my first ticket also, in june of 2002. Took it to a traffic lawyer & after over a year of waiting for the trial I ended up forgetting about it.

In january of this year...4 years later I get a note on my parents door stating that a Sherrif stopped by to let me know that I had just been issued a warrant for not showing up in court & non payment. Turns out my case had sat in someones desk for over 3 years before going to court. By this time I had long since moved out & forgot about it.

In the end it was my fault, but still be warned, they dont move to fast around there...
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    I wouldn't try to represent myself for 29 over. That's pretty fast. The guy I recommended charges $75 and can likely get you 180 days deferred.

S.
    Several folks around my office have had good luck with the folks srivendel recommends...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Yea theres no kind of radar that can read accurately while the police officer is moving. I had one dismissed like that. I was 18 and self-represented haha, although it was kinda intimidating I figured why the hell not.

On a side note, thank god that they can't call a pursuit-type speed detection within like 10 or 15mph.
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR

i shoulda warned more people about Wilmer. my first ticket was in that town. many, many, many tickets ago.
    Jack Byno of Byno & Byno, PC attorneys.
    the card i have says 817-685-9494 2926 Central Drive Bedford TX 76021.

wow i cant belive i still have that card w/in 10 seconds of me about 5 or 6 years later. for defferred, its about $65 for the work, and you pay the ticket still. yes i know its a little fast,... check your pm...

Thanks everyone for the info!

I think I'm going to make some calls tomorrow after class, probably starting with Byno.