Thread: Sort of new.

Default Sort of new.

Hello,

I have been lurking around here off an on for a few years and thought I would go formal.

I currently have 3 Miatas; 1) a 57K 1990 red B with HT, 2) a 43K 93 LE FM2 and 3) a 1990 spec miata.

I race w/ NASA and SCCA whenever I have time.

I buy and sell as a hobby and have had around 15 miatas over the last couple of years.

Other cars include a 2006 Z06 and an 87 Buick GN.

I am a member of MSR-C and have interest in a shop w/ a dyno out there.

Hope to do a few events with you guys in the future.

Bob

Welcome!! This is a great forum. A few (like me), but mostly people who like to .
    My old 99' My new 99'
    Remember folks, street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph. ~Jim Samuels

That makes 3 boosted LE's on this board. Sweet! Welcome! My LE is all worn out though with 222k miles on it
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Wow 3 boosted 93 LEs! Actually mine is on a transport being delivered Wednesday. I heard of LE #1177 (FMII or III) in Dallas. Is that one?

Please let me know about week day get togethers.

Whoever is "lost in Granbury" ... I am out at MSR all the time. If you want to go for a ride around the track, let me know.

Bob
    Last edited by rfc; 04-30-2006 at 09:04 PM.

Welcome to the board! Sounds like you've got a great collection of cars. Mmmmm... Grand National! I've always had a soft spot for that car.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by rfc
    Whoever is "lost in Granbury" ... I am out at MSR all the time. If you want to go for a ride around the track, let me know.

Bob
    Welcome, you ever Auto-X? I think for a ride around MSR, I can find my way to Granbury!
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Welcome to the Madness!

Welcome!

I'd love to come down to MSR and see your Spec Miata. I have a 1990 I'm slowly turning into one. I have the $$$ set aside now for the roll cage and am actively looking for someone to put one in. I'd like to see how you did a few things on your car.

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome aboard (officially)! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Welcome!

I'd love to come down to MSR and see your Spec Miata. I have a 1990 I'm slowly turning into one. I have the $$$ set aside now for the roll cage and am actively looking for someone to put one in. I'd like to see how you did a few things on your car.

Raymond
    I know Todd who is out there and does great cages. My shop can do it as well but timing is alway an issue. We just did 4 pro MX-5s for the Hankook Cup. They are racing next weekend at Laguna.

I work with Shannon McMasters, Jim Daniels and Jason Saini so I think they can give you a few pointers . Give me a PM and I can hook you up.

I am not the pointer guy. My car has to be the most beat up ugly spec out there.
    Last edited by rfc; 05-01-2006 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    Welcome, you ever Auto-X? I think for a ride around MSR, I can find my way to Granbury!
    I used to auto-x a few years ago w/ PCA and BMW out at MW. Always in a vette though. Before that with Equipe Rapide.

I am up for a high speed PCA deal sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by rfc
    Wow 3 boosted 93 LEs! Actually mine is on a transport being delivered Wednesday. I heard of LE #1177 (FMII or III) in Dallas. Is that one?

Please let me know about week day get togethers.

Bob
    Jmcshiner has one with an FM III, it's very pretty. Congrats on yours, I bet she's Purty! Been awhile since I've beein to MSR, I can't wait to get out there with the new track and the boost! Hope to meet you and your LE soon.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    Jmcshiner has one with an FM III, it's very pretty. Congrats on yours, I bet she's Purty! Been awhile since I've beein to MSR, I can't wait to get out there with the new track and the boost! Hope to meet you and your LE soon.
    I think its purty, but only seen pictures (yes a big trust thing here). Won't be delivered until Friday now.

The new track is a blast, very tight and w/ lots of elevation/blind corners.
    I think high HP cars could get airborne. Door handle to door handle racing could be very scary.