Thread: Common Knowledge...

Default Common Knowledge...

Things I though were common knowledge are apparently not. Case in point: yesterday, at the office, I was showing some friends some pics of a beautiful red "Mazda MX-5 Trophy" car. I highlight "Mazda MX-5 Trophy" because that's what the photo was titled. The photo is an awesome full on side shot of a Miata fully raced prepped (mind you, though, without a top).

So I mention to a friend that someday my smurfy little car may resemble the one pictured.... when he proceeds to say to me, "Why are you trying to make your Miata look like a Mazda?" Needless to say, I was dumbfounded. I thought it was common knowledge that Mazda manufactured our little gems. This and he fancies himself a car guy!!

But this wasn't the first case. A couple of weeks ago at a poker tourney I was entered in, one of the fellas started a conversation. The topic: What do you drive? When it was my turn, I mentioned I drove a Miata. He looked at me and asked, "Ooohh, is it a convertible?"

Now the latter I can understand... you see a Miata with a hardtop and looks like any other sports car... just damned sexier. However, the former, wow, I thought everyone knew, mind you, just from the commercials, that Mazda made Miatas.

Who knew?

Who said that was it this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Who said that was it this guy!
    Nope... it wasn't Freddy... he's a good guy... best meteorologist in town... too bad he'll never get a shot at the big time. He's super accurate and super knowledgeable about weather.

But he's wearing lip gloss!!!!! WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpeeder
    But he's wearing lip gloss!!!!! WTF?
    To each their own I guess?