Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LSC BMWCCA Event #3 5-13-06

Default LSC BMWCCA Event #3 5-13-06

Just wondering if anybody was planning on going? It's going to be at Pennington this month.

8 runs and probably some fun runs afterward. Registration (on DLBracing.com) will be capped at 80 drivers.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

No more DFW auto-x for me. I'm out of here as of Thursday morning Last final is Wednesday and I'm out Thursday.

It was good racing with you guys when I got to Good luck to whoever ends up going.

Good to meet you!

Are you graduating or going home for the summer?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Going home for the summer. But I won't be back in the fall becuase I'll be in Austin instead. This is only my second semester of college... I wish I was graduating!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    Just wondering if anybody was planning on going? It's going to be at Pennington this month.
    I'm seriously considering going. Thomas, why are you in 'Y' class and not 'Z' ?

Class X: Non-BMW vehicles less than 2.1 liters (except S2000 and Lotus Elise)

Class Y: Non-BMW vehicles greater than 2.1 liters and less than 4.0 liters. (including S2000 & Elise)

Class Z : Non-BMW vehicles 4.0 liters and above

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    I'm seriously considering going. Thomas, why are you in 'Y' class and not 'Z' ?

Class X: Non-BMW vehicles less than 2.1 liters (except S2000 and Lotus Elise)

Class Y: Non-BMW vehicles greater than 2.1 liters and less than 4.0 liters. (including S2000 & Elise)

Class Z : Non-BMW vehicles 4.0 liters and above

I'm assuming you meant 'X'. If you run R-comps, you get bumped one class up.

They've also got a multiplier for FI cars, and rotaries.

You'll have a good time and there is some good competition in X.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I've had this one as a maybe on my calendar for a while. Wasn't it originally scheduled at Grayson Airport (blackzx3_13's locale)? Oh well, it takes me just as long to get to Pennington.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'm assuming you meant 'X'. If you run R-comps, you get bumped one class up.
    Yes I did. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65
    I've had this one as a maybe on my calendar for a while. Wasn't it originally scheduled at Grayson Airport (blackzx3_13's locale)? Oh well, it takes me just as long to get to Pennington.
    15 min from my house. I wish there was one that close. I might be faster if I had the proper amound of sleep.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Yes, this event was originally supposed to be at Grayson Airport but the police dept out there is using it for something.

I wonder what that site is like?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

They had an evolution school there the year before last I think. Not real sure where they were going to set up a course, but there is both asphalt and concrete there.
    Last edited by blackzx3_13; 05-10-2006 at 08:07 PM.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I wonder what that site is like?
    Long and narrow with a variety of surface material IIRC. I did Evolution School up there a couple of years ago.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'm in. I see Tech Inspect is from 8-9am. What time do you usually get there Thomas?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    I'm in. I see Tech Inspect is from 8-9am. What time do you usually get there Thomas?
    I usually to the events around 8. Do you want to meet somewhere around 7:30 (McDs or einsteins)?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Do you want to meet somewhere around 7:30 (McDs or einsteins)?
    McD's at 7:30 works for me. See you there!

I should be there in the 94. If I don't get my CCA BMW membership number by tonight, I will go ahead registered as a non-member.
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

Quote Originally Posted by apex2apex
    I should be there in the 94. If I don't get my CCA BMW membership number by tonight, I will go ahead registered as a non-member.
    If you sign up for a membership tonight, you will have to call to get your number. Even if you don't just put down a bogus number in DLB and explain the situation with Mark Williams.

Sammm, I'll see ya at 7:30!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Y'all have fun - I'll be painting and turning my office into a guest bedroom.

lugnutjon is planning on being there to dial the RX-8 in for the Pro, now that he has the shocks and tires mounted.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Y'all have fun - I'll be painting and turning my office into a guest bedroom.

lugnutjon is planning on being there to dial the RX-8 in for the Pro, now that he has the shocks and tires mounted.
    Let Jon know that if he's running r-comps on Sat. he needs to edit his registration and move to Z with the big boys.

There's a displacement multiplier for rotaries and R-comps bump you up a class.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

So many cars, so little time. - RIP

DLB Racing shows Stan and Su entered in Z class in the orange BP Corvette.

I don't think the LSBMWCCA guys have ever seen them drive the BP car, only the Mini.

Should be fun to watch.
    Jim H.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast