Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Went to the Dyno yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    Don Istook over in Fort Worth is a believer in blow off valves and he ran them on his S4 speedvision touring car. I've always heard that DVs are the way to go with MAF cars but he has run them without problems.
    In for black smoke pouring out the exhaust. Some people get them to work on vw's, most don't. I don't know anything about miatas, so have fun and hopefully it works out.

Flyin Miata also uses a BOV in their MSM intake kit, but they seem to imply that there is something different about the BOV they sell that makes it OK with a MAF:

The piston is actually fitted with a piston ring for a perfect seal. Combined with a well-chosen spring, this means the valve can be used on a car that uses a MAF or AFM to measure airflow. We'll say that again - it will work with a stock ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Flyin Miata also uses a BOV in their MSM intake kit, but they seem to imply that there is something different about the BOV they sell that makes it OK with a MAF:
    Wel, I'm done argueing at this point but you can't deny that regardless of the functionality, they are dumping out metered air. Its only reasonable to assume that the ecm is working properly and providing the correct ammount of fuel for a stoichiometric mixture, then running fat on fuel trim. My expereince with a bov worked fine at like 6psi, but when I got up to 14 I was running so much fuel that the car would either wash out and die on trim, or I had the spring so tight that not enough air would dump, it would still run fat, the engine would stall, the turbo would spin backwards (loud as hell), and then I wouldn't have vacuum for brakes. However, when I would engage the clutch it would fart and enormous fire ball. Then I got smart and put haltech on the car.

mr brg, the grey cay was only at 155ish, not 170 and the bov is recerculating all the air back into the intake, I know nothing about maf and stuff like that but it appears to be running fine at 9psi. FM does not say about the size of the dp, but I feel it will free up the exhaust side nicely.
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by Magma
    mr brg, the grey cay was only at 155ish, not 170 and the bov is recerculating all the air back into the intake, I know nothing about maf and stuff like that but it appears to be running fine at 9psi. FM does not say about the size of the dp, but I feel it will free up the exhaust side nicely.
    Hey Lava boy...

Quote Originally Posted by Magma

oh, i thought you were dumping the blow off atmospherically. thats fine, then it works just like a DV.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Hey Lava boy...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12