Thread: BMWCCA at TMS June 24th

Default BMWCCA at TMS June 24th

I know a couple of you guys were there so here are some videos from me and my co-driver Brian. It was a pretty fun course but the slalom was painfully tight.

BTW, you Miata drivers in X better start beating the MR2s.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...99665670&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...47347234&hl=en

The video of me is from my last run, not my fastest (forgot to turn on the camera) but a pretty quick run.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Thanks Thomas! I think I picked up some ideas where I could have gone faster.
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

Good to see that you got some ideas out of the video. I always learn something riding with other drivers. It's always good to get a look at someone elses line.

BTW, it must have been a serious arm workout for you getting through that slalom with your manual steering.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    BTW, it must have been a serious arm workout for you getting through that slalom with your manual steering.
    It was! But that's no excuse.

The steering got a whole lot ligher with the 14" 195/55/14 T1-S.

Not sure if it's the higher offset, new tires, smaller contact patches or the combination of all.
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

I shouldn't have watched this -- now I'm having even more withdrawals! I need the 30th to get here soon! I am damn near ready to put some cones in the street in front of my house. I'm about to mow the lawn, so maybe I'll turn the sprinklers on and try to slalom around the heads.

I got a screw in one of my tires, so I have finally ordered a set of Hankook R-S2 tires. Looking forward to trying them out at the next race. Now if something could just happen to one of my shocks to give me an excuse to buy new ones now rather than late this year...

I will have to get a video camera sometime. I am curious if I do some of the things I think I do, like shuffle steer.

That's some pretty impressive driving. I haven't been to an AutoX event but I would like to try someday. I take it some of you have been to some type of performance driving school, because from what I saw in the video I think I would get lost in the field of cones. I saw that some were laid down to work as pointers but it looked like you just had to know where most of the turns are.
    I am a lot more used to track and rally driving, where you either get to practice a known layout (track) or you have a course book (rally).
    That's my 2 cents, hope I didn't invade your thread too much.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

jrj512, good to hear you got your hankooks. I think you'll like them a lot more than the all season tires you've been using. I've been impressed with your driving on the old tires and I'm anxious to see what you'll do on the stickier tires.

Nexus Flux, I did do phase one of the evolution driving school (autox school) but it just take seat time to get used to driving through a sea of cones. I'm sure you'd do better than you think. Bring the RSX out some time.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I just realized that there are races on July 22nd and 23rd. Woo-hoo, I don't have to wait the extra week to the 30th! Not sure how I missed those before.