Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazdaspeed 3 Flash Site

Default Mazdaspeed 3 Flash Site

Mazda has a Flash site up for the new Mazdaspeed 3. Looks pretty nifty. 250hp, racy looks, nice looking sport seats, 0-60 in "under six seconds"... This is easily the most desirable Mazda out right now (until the new MSM comes out). If they keep the price under $22k, they'll have a huge hit on their hands.

Linkie.

S.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I saw some pics of an Orange one on another site and I have to say i liked it a lot. I don't car for the red pics, but in orange it is hot. I have noticed that they still have given no clue to pricing. If they follow the pattern of prices seen on the MSM and MS6, it will be around $21k, but everyone seems to be guessing that it will be priced much higher. We will see.

Nice! Looks like a great car.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I saw some pics of an Orange one on another site and I have to say i liked it a lot. I don't car for the red pics, but in orange it is hot. I have noticed that they still have given no clue to pricing. If they follow the pattern of prices seen on the MSM and MS6, it will be around $21k, but everyone seems to be guessing that it will be priced much higher. We will see.
    The site indicates it will be available in red, slate blue, silver, and black. I can't see this thing being priced above $22,995, but what do I know. If they go nuts and price it above $25k, people will just buy a WRX and get its fancy AWD system, or buy a Civic Si for $21k and pocket the savings. It will be interesting to see how this shapes up against Dodge's 300hp SRT-4 Caliber.

S.

I like the slate blue they're offering it in. Very Q-ship and subtle.

S.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's another picture of the blue. And here's a glowing review from Inside Line.

Boasting more power and a better handling package for just 2.41 million yen (about $21,000), the Mazdaspeed 3 trumps the opposition, hands down. The only issue remaining is brand image. Can the Mazda muster sufficient street cred to draw buyers into showrooms? Because the numbers are in, and the Mazdaspeed 3 is the new king of the hot-hatch hill in Japan.

S.

If they keep this car in the low 20s, I might have to trade my wife's Lava Orange in for one of these.
    No more Miata

Quote Originally Posted by jolberry
    If they keep this car in the low 20s, I might have to trade my wife's Lava Orange in for one of these.
    How could anyone want to get rid of the LO MSM
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by Magma
    How could anyone want to get rid of the LO MSM
    Dude, I am talking about her Lava Orange Mazda 3.
    No more Miata

In that case everything is ok. I was not aware that any other mazda came in Lava Orange
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by Magma
    In that case everything is ok. I was not aware that any other mazda came in Lava Orange
    Actually I think all of the Mazdaspeed colors were/are available on other Mazdas.

S.

I'll give you two-fitty for it!

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    Actually I think all of the Mazdaspeed colors were/are available on other Mazdas.

S.
    And often they change the name but the color remains the same.

Mazda has announced the price of the MS3: $22,800.

They should sell bucketloads of these things at that price.

A Civic Si is very comparably priced and only has 197hp. And the MS3 has 280 lb/ft of torque! That's more than twice what the Honda makes.

S.
    Last edited by srivendel; 07-27-2006 at 01:00 PM.

A Civic Si is very comparably priced and only has 197hp. And the MS3 has 280 lb/ft of torque! That's more than twice what the Honda makes.

S.
    does the MS3 come with a LSD?

*edit* nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by RX7-2nr
    does the MS3 come with a LSD?

*edit* nevermind
    Looks like you already figured this out, but to quote the Edmund's article:

As a top priority on the R&D team's list, engineers have not only reinforced the driveshaft, but have also fitted a specially tuned torque-sensing super limited-slip differential.

It even has a SUPER LSD! In all seriousness, though, it sounds like Honda will have its hands full with this one. The new Caliber SRT-4 is, well, a Dodge, which will turn off a lot of buyers. The MCS is wonderful but eye-wateringly expensive. Unless VW bumps the GTI to 230hp this year, as anticipated, Mazda may be the best game in town.

S.

The new Caliber SRT-4 is, well, a Dodge, which will turn off a lot of buyers.
    S.
    the caliber is butt-ugly, which also seems to turn off alot of buyers. definatly no competion in the looks department against current hatches. it seems the GTi will remain just a little bit behind on HP. cant wait to see how the new larger VR6 equipped model turns out. if the premium for the VR6 over the 2.0T is the same as the last generation VR6 vs. 1.8T, a VR6 GTi will be near 30K. quite a bit more the the MS3 if it stays at the estimated price.
    Last edited by RX7-2nr; 07-28-2006 at 08:32 PM.

Default MazdaSpeed3

Been waiting for this to come out for a while. Should be fun fun fun...

2.3l turbo engine
    250+hp (TBD)
    280ft/lb tq

Starts at 22.8k, grand touring starts at 24.5k

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...mingMS3&bhcp=1
    '99 FMII + everything (sold!)
    '97 FMII (previously)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast