Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The FM Westfield

Default The FM Westfield

For those of you who may not of noticed, Flyin Miata has purchased one of the first production Westfield SEi kits that uses a 1.6 Miata as a donor car. The Westfield SEi is a Lotus Seven replica similar to the one that Keith built, but more complete and by a different manufacture. There plan is to build the kit per the instructions using a 1.6 donor and nothing else. If all goes well and they are happy with the quality and results, they will become the US distributor for Westfield, offering kits and turn-keys.

The basic kit is $13.5k and along with a 1.6 donor car, contains everything you need. The estimated curb weight is 1200 pounds and the car even retains all SMOG equipment to ensure that it can be registered everywhere. More info HERE. I think I need to start saving my pennies.

Don't forget the US dealer for Westfield is local!
    United States Dealers

Manik Technologies, LLC
    819 Arapaho
    Suite 24B - #164
    Richardson, TX 75080
    USA

Tel: +1 972.358.1460

e-mail: [email protected]
    I really really really want one of these!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Don't forget the US dealer for Westfield is local!

I really really really want one of these!
    Interesting... FM mentions becoming a Westfield dealer, but Manik shows on there website "Exclusive North American Distribution". I guess they are just claiming that they are currently the only source and not that they have exclusive rights to the market. Regardless... I want one!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Interesting... FM mentions becoming a Westfield dealer, but Manik shows on there website "Exclusive North American Distribution". I guess they are just claiming that they are currently the only source and not that they have exclusive rights to the market. Regardless... I want one!
    Wonder if Manik is importing them in to the US, then shipping them to the dealers???

Wonder if Manik is importing them in to the US, then shipping them to the dealers???
    Says on FM's site "Basic kit, including shipping to the US port: $13,500". Not sure if that tells anything but it doesn't mention Manik.

Says on FM's site "Basic kit, including shipping to the US port: $13,500". Not sure if that tells anything but it doesn't mention Manik.
    HHHMMM but Manik offers more than just the Miata based kit.

Someone contact Manik and see if they will be seling the kit! I will not call for fear of giving them $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I'd like one....
    yeah... and your donor Miata is almost ready, to boot!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    yeah... and your donor Miata is almost ready, to boot!
    Hmmm... The Westfield uses the Complete wiring loom and Instrument panel cluster from the donor... that may be a problem for the BUR.

Hmmm... The Westfield uses the Complete wiring loom and Instrument panel cluster from the donor... that may be a problem for the BUR.
    But thankfully it doesn't require the windshield out of the donor!

But thankfully it doesn't require the windshield out of the donor!
    F you, POS!

Per Keith at FM:
    "Manik is the US distributor and we are working with them. I don't think they have any cars yet though."

Anyone got an interior shot? The steering wheel in the blue one looks huge!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Anyone got an interior shot? The steering wheel in the blue one looks huge!
    The Blue one is the MX-5 donor prototype in the UK. It is supposed to be the only one actually in existence with an MX-5 as a donor, with FM's build being #2... I believe that the yellow one uses some car not available in the US as a donor.

Here are the other pics of the blue one:

Now that's cool..........I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg
    That pic is of an existing version of the car sold in the UK with several different Ford drivetrain options. You provide your own engine for the MX-5 kit. The kit is not fully released yet (FM is the first buyer) so they don't have fancy kit pictures of the exact kit breakdown. I am sure they will soon.

I've got enough parts to build....mmmmm....several :)
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

From the pics that Titus provided, looks like it uses quite a bit of Miata parts... Merv, you should start a dealership
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast