Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCCA #6 8/20/06 Mineral Wells, TX!

Default SCCA #6 8/20/06 Mineral Wells, TX!

Event #6
    August 20, 2006
    Registration Open
    Entry List

Event held at the Mineral Wells Airpark

It's going to be freaking hot make sure you are prepared!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    It's going to be freaking hot make sure you are prepared!
    Perhaps a little rain might help cool things down?

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I'll be there. I am bring my EZ UP for some shade. Bring (and drink) lots of water.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Perhaps a little rain might help cool things down?
    What class will you be running - FUT?

I was going to be nice to you, but then you posted this
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    What class will you be running - FUT?
    I think that would be TFUT.
    +490,825.

I'm out, I'll be moving into my new house in Lubbock. Good luck guys, I'll see you all in September.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I'm still in! Everybody moves up one place in the standings.

I'll be there. Looks like the tire class will provide a lot of fun competition in the Miatas. Usually does.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    I'm out, I'll be moving into my new house in Lubbock. Good luck guys, I'll see you all in September.
    You may want to knock your name off the list to help the worker chief out.

You may want to knock your name off the list to help the worker chief out.
    Alredy sent a couple of emails.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Default Need a ride

The Old Bull MR2 is out of commission until next week. Seems the fuel pump has had enough autocrossing and decided it's time to retire.

That leaves me and Jimmie looking for a ride. Anyone looking for a co-driver?

Jimmie also needs a ride (literally) from Richardson to the event. Anyone heading that way from Richardson/North Dallas/Plano area that could swing by and pick him up?
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Matt you and or Jimmie are welcome to drive my STS2 Miata, we may have to split into different classes so we don't hot lap the car Xsts2, tcsp, csp, sts2

Robert Jones

Matt, if you want to stay in ES, you and/or Jimmie can drive my Miata, albeit with street tires. I will be there driving in TES, so either of both of you are welcome to drive my car, too. I have a small cooling issue, so we would each need to drive in separate heats and open the hood between each run. I guess we will have three groups based on the number of entrants and I assume you have the pull to get the three of us into separate groups.

It would be great to see what kind of numbers you and Jimmie would turn in my car. It would help me determine where I stand.

I live in NE Fort Worth (by Hurst), so if Jimmie can hitchhike this far, I can get him to the event. I leave at 6:15.

Later,
    Jerrett

Anyone up for a 7am @ McDs??

Damn it was hot! Anybody that survived the day deserves a pat on the back, no matter what times they ran!

By the way, I took the scenic route through Millsap to and from the event. It's a nice change, I'm going to go that way more often.
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark52
    Damn it was hot! Anybody that survived the day deserves a pat on the back, no matter what times they ran!

By the way, I took the scenic route through Millsap to and from the event. It's a nice change, I'm going to go that way more often.
    I used to take that route all the time. It's a nice drive, but I've been taking Old Dennis Rd. lately. I'm still not sure which way is faster.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I agree. It was hot. I hope everyone recovered quickly. I know POS and I both had to sit and cool off a while when we were loading up after the event. And, I heard others did the same. Again, it was very hot! Darron65 remembered his chair and came back and pick it up. Thanks to jrj512 and onething for helping with the EZ UP.

I have gone through Millsap before, it is a nice change. Once, the Old Bull took the 180 exit just as I went by, and we arrived at MWAP at the same time. You don't save any time, but it is a nice change.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

That's a fact! Dang it was hot!

I greatly appreciate the help of the Bank of Onething yesterday for helping me fund my day since I left my wallet at home, I'm still not a morning person!

I killed a set of tires yesterday and I have to be in Houston Wednesday morning til Friday so I need to hustle if I plan to make the ER event next Sunday......

BTW. Yesterday Onething and I split at 20 and 180, I beat him to MW and I caught most of the light running 180????

BTW. Yesterday Onething and I split at 20 and 180, I beat him to MW and I caught most of the light running 180????
    Running 180?

Speeding is illegal m'kay?

Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

That was by far the hottest autocross I've ever done. After my first run it really started to get to me and I ended up sitting in the car with the A/C going for a good 10 minutes. I think I'm still trying to recover.

Challenging course, it really messed with me.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast