Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCCA #7 - 9/17/2006 - TMS Bus Lot

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    BTW-I agree with Altiain and POS, I had the unfortune of working grid when all the SAE cars came out,
    Is there a time change from Lubbock to Ft. Worth of about 6 months, didn't see any SAE cars yesterday???

I think we were talking about the event on the 17th.

But no doubt some of the mod kids have a history of being tardy, but yesterday was over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Hey Solo RX-7 you are one of the cats in charge at the SCCA can we get your explanation for the "Special" Circumstances that let this one slide??
    I'm not sure what was going on there. I was over in the paddock while all this happened so I don't have a clue what the story is. I'll find out what was up and address any issues that need to be.
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Solo RX-7 View Post
    I'm not sure what was going on there. I was over in the paddock while all this happened so I don't have a clue what the story is. I'll find out what was up and address any issues that need to be.
    Thanks! Standing out in the rain to watch a mod car go past at parade lap speeds kinda sucks.

Then when they called out to the corners to let us know that mod car still has at least 2 runs to go caused the suck factor to multiply. Especially since the grid was empty because everyone else was done.........

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I did see the car in question changing tires, but I don't think that was at the end of the day . . . I was loading up by then.

On another note - my performance at this event was better than it has been in a year. I have to thank several folks, but especially POS for assistance in pointing out the bad habits and attitude I've developed.
    Last edited by onething; 09-18-2006 at 10:54 AM.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I agree with POS and altiain on the mod issue. I understand the need to not be in grid with the rest of the cars. But they seem to be abusing the format waiting for the best conditions before they run. Seems like every event we have to wait on course while the mod cars finish their runs that they could not get in with everyone else. If they are having car trouble then I understand but standing in the rain while this happened
    made it alot harder to take.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Is there a time change from Lubbock to Ft. Worth of about 6 months, didn't see any SAE cars yesterday???

I think we were talking about the event on the 17th.

But no doubt some of the mod kids have a history of being tardy, but yesterday was over the top.
    Well I chose not to say that right when I got home from that race, due to me being really mad about it, and then just kind of forgot about it until yesterday.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

These are the resasons that I don't go to SCCA events anymore! It is just not fun when you balance out the little seat time and things that you have to put up with.
    Gabriel

Overall it was a fun event at least for those in the first run group. We just get a little cranky after standing in the rain for 2 hours.

Robert

Still can't catch that Neon.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Well, I had fun today. I think its the first time I've trophied all season. Lost to that darn NEON!!
    Still can't catch that Neon.
    You didn't catch him Sunday, I would have been surprised if you caught him today!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    You didn't catch him Sunday, I would have been surprised if you caught him today!
    Well I thought that if I tried real hard. . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12