Thread: BMW Mcoupe

Default BMW Mcoupe

What do yall think of this car. i personally love it. i think next summer i'm going to sell my xterra and try to find one. oh, and i'm talking about the z3 mcoupe, not the m3 :)

It's definitely a polarizing design -- people either love it or hate it.

I love it. I go to Texas Toys' website every other week or so just to drool over Boxster S and BMW M Coupes

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Default Re: BMW Mcoupe

Quote Originally Posted by chucka
    What do yall think of this car. i personally love it. i think next summer i'm going to sell my xterra and try to find one. oh, and i'm talking about the z3 mcoupe, not the m3 :)
    You mean like this one? - http://www.texastoys.com/Cars_Online...er%20Coupe.asp

Default Re: BMW Mcoupe

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Quote Originally Posted by chucka
    You mean like this one? - http://www.texastoys.com/Cars_Online...er%20Coupe.asp

Or is this a z3 M coupe?

Can anyone name the movie this car was in?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Can anyone name the movie this car was in?
    Harold and Maude?

Harold and Maude?
    Ding, Ding, Ding we have a winner!

I would buy the Z3 M coupe if given the opportunity and it were priced right. I love straight 6 engines.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Harold and Maude?
    Ding, Ding, Ding we have a winner!
    MAN!!! IF ALL I DID WAS HANG OUT ON THIS SITE, I WOULD HAVE WON THAT ONE

3660 lbs! Thats alot of BMW for a little BMW.

I don't like em. I think a lotus elise would be a better buy.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92
    3660 lbs! Thats alot of BMW for a little BMW.

I don't like em. I think a lotus elise would be a better buy.

Chris
    That 3660lb figure is the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, i.e., the maximum allowable laden vehicle weight, including all fluids, passengers, and cargo. For example, the GVWR on my '99 Sport is 2835lbs (look on your doorjamb sticker and you can see if the earlier ones were more or less), and it weighs in at ~2225lbs in autox trim with the rollbar and trailer hitch.

M Coupes weigh around 2900lbs, if I'm not mistaken. And that BMW inline 6 is the smooooooothest engine this side of a rotary. I love 'em, and I'd buy one in a heartbeat... the only thing that scares me is that good ol' BMW repair and maintenance cost.

That one in the link is yummy - they've usually got that riceboy-looking two-tone red & black or blue & black leather. Solid black is where it's at.

Besides, you can pick up a good M Coupe for $20-25k these days... a lot less than an Elise. And it would be a lot more liveable as daily transportation, although it probably wouldn't be quite as fun on the track.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw