Thread: Help...

Default Help...

I've got a 91 model, ex turbo car. I just bought it and am trying to sort it out. Here's the thing, not really sure where to start but here goes.
    CEL is on all the time. Wont show any codes. Have tried another ECM and does exactly the same. Car is running very rich all the time. It has an aftermkt fuel pump mounted on the frame reail in the rear. Injectors are blue on top - not sure if they are the right size or left over from the turbo days. The car had some other electronics mounted under the dash, but all were unplugged when I got the car and are now removed...Thanks for any suggestions.

I assume you have already tried the OBD1 computer reset method, but just in case; disconnect the ground lead from the battery for 5 minutes. Upon reconnection, the ECU will return to default. Also check for any piggyback "chips" spliced into the water/air temp sensors and leads. Those things just trick the computer into thinking there is cold ambient temperature, potentially altering fuel delivery.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Did you see this link on how to read the codes on the OBD1 Miatas?? If your getting a CEL you should have a code??

http://www.miata.net/garage/faultcodes.html

Thats the thing...no codes. Just a constant CEL. Tried everything. Thought it could be because they bypassed the factory fuel pump but not sure.

If you need stock injectors & fuel rail I have those off the a parts engine. Those replacement ones are probably reworked or oversized.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Thx, but I think I'm gonna sell it. I'll post it in the classifieds.