Thread: Kaboom!

Default Kaboom!

We've got some awesome storms rocking downtown right about now. I know everybody always says "we need the rain", but it's true!

The radar shows lots of red. Not sure I'd want to be on the road right now.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post
    We've got some awesome storms rocking downtown right about now. I know everybody always says "we need the rain", but it's true!

The radar shows lots of red. Not sure I'd want to be on the road right now.

S.
    Yeah... just got off the phone with my parents. They were supposed to fly home today on SWA via Albuquerque. The plane was diverted to El Paso, where all outgoing flights are full. Anyone have any suggestions for a nice place for them to eat dinner tonight that is near the El Paso airport?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions for a nice place for them to eat dinner tonight that is near the El Paso airport?
    No, but maybe they can visit Juarez. It's supposed to be lovely at night.

S.

Talking

Anyone have any suggestions for a nice place for them to eat dinner tonight that is near the El Paso airport?

Ah yes, my hometown. The best place for them to eat would be on the plane... on it's way back to the west coast.

Just got another call... they found 2 seats for them on a flight to Vegas. No guarantee that they will be able to travel on through to Oakland tonight, but a night stuck in Vegas seemed preferable to a night in El Paso (No Offense Bean).

Talking

...but a night stuck in Vegas seemed preferable to a night in El Paso (No Offense Bean).
    Do you see me still living in El Paso? There's a reason folks leave...

Besides, I'd rather be in Vegas too.

Vegas, where turns to ...

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    It's not all that bad.
    Agreed. I used to work in the El Paso/Juarez/Las Cruces region and have been to Juarez several times. But I still think Juarez would be rough if you wandered in there for an evening of entertainment without knowing anyone or anything about the town.

S.

Talking

Agreed. I used to work in the El Paso/Juarez/Las Cruces region and have been to Juarez several times. But I still think Juarez would be rough if you wandered in there for an evening of entertainment without knowing anyone or anything about the town.

S.
    Exactly...

I'll be damned, srivendel and I agree on something.

Tire Warmer

yeah i been driving around downtown fort worth all morning. it was raining really really hard. its not all that bad, it's just on/off showers which is annoying.
    1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S

The sirens are going off here now, but outside looks pretty calm.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    Raining like heck here in N. Ft. Worth, watching the news looks like you southern Tarrant County kids are getting pounded.....

Looks like more ugliness is moving up from the south. And I heard there was a tornado sighting at I-20 and 287. Let's be careful out there, folks.

S.

Looks like more ugliness is moving up from the south. And I heard there was a tornado sighting at I-20 and 287. Let's be careful out there, folks.

S.
    Uh..... that's kinda where I live
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

They turn the sirens on BEFORE the storm arrives as a warning

90% of the time, if you hear the siren and look around at the sky, you can see the problem. Much of the time the southwest horizon is where you will find the storm.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Ugh...

After spending eight hours Thursday driving down a mountain pass in a raging blizzard dodging abandoned cars and jacknifed semis, I got to spend all day yesterday in Denver International Airport watching four successive flights to DFW get cancelled due to DALLAS weather. American cancelled all of their flights, while Frontier cancelled more than half and had a few planes take off for Austin, San Antonio, and DFW, only to be turned around and sent back to land in the heavy snow at Denver.

Thankfully, we managed to grab 2 of the last 4 seats on the last outbound Frontier flight. It was one of the roughest flights I've ever been on, but we finally made it home about 3am this morning. So glad to be home.
    Last edited by altiain; 12-30-2006 at 11:57 AM.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

You get any pics of the Twister with that fancy new camera?
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Ugh...

It was one of the roughest flights I've ever been on, but we finally made it home about 3am this morning. So glad to be home.
    Been there... and it does suck. Glad you made it home safe!

The airport shuts down any time there is lightning within 10 miles of it and we had some NASTY storms roll through yesterday. There were some HUGE lightning counts being recorded.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

We were near the panic point at Grapevine Mills for a bit... management was freaking out about the tornadoes and we were just waiting for the sirens to go off so we could pile everybody into the interior coriddors. Luckily nothing happened except a short power outage.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    You get any pics of the Twister with that fancy new camera?
    I had it ready.