Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup Event #7 8-29-04

Quote Originally Posted by brock
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpeeder
    Quote Originally Posted by brock
    Now THAT is offensive!!

<---Exercising my right NOT to look at brock's eAss
    Lets get this post back on track or I will excersise my right to delete!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Lets get this post back on track or I will excersise my right to delete!
    SIR YES SIR

See y'all all at Mickey D's.

Well it was a great day! The POS Racer was able to slip into a second place finish just behind my hero Jimmy Stewart!

CS top honors went to Altiain followed very closely by local hero Kestrel!

Tire class had a special guest appearance by Lugnut Jon and his 10AE. Seems as if Jon ran out of race rubber so decided to give it a go on Azenis! He was quite zippy on the Azenis, followed closely by Tailchaser and onething for a 1,2,3 Miata finish in tire class!

Brock had a great day in STS2 and picked up first place honors followed closely by lost216.

The Granddaughter or Lost216 took top honors in STSL! CSP top honors went to Mark52! Dave04 showed up in the silver bullet and had a pretty good day in his first ever run in his ’04!

The General was seen in a strange looking Miata! So General how was your outing in Mark’s Firebird?

So all in all a great day! The course was awesome you got mid 50 second run plus 6 runs if you ran PAX! As always the folks at ER put on a great event!

If I’m missing anyone please chime in I’ve slept since the AX!

Nice write up POS!

Yep, Mister altiain got me again... this time by .06 seconds! I did a little research, and since I got race rubber in early May, altiain and I have been locked in a pretty tight battle. Head-to-head, he's won 6 to my 3, and even more interestingly, the margin of victory in 6 of those 9 battles has been less than a tenth of a second. And two of them were decided -- both in altiain's favor -- by less than a hundredth of a second!
    • SCCA #3 Kestrel by 0.044
      NTS2KOC #2
    • altiain by 0.003
      ER #4 Kestrel by 0.257
      ER #5
      altiain by 0.006
      NTS2KOC #3 Kestrel by 0.054
      SCCA #5
      altiain by 1.047*
      ER #6
      altiain by 0.695
      SCCA #6
      altiain by 0.020
      ER #7
      altiain by 0.061
    altiain has been able to beat me in the last four [head-to-head] events in a row. Unfortunately, most of those battles were not for first and second place in class... there's a couple of other guys that seem to be a little out of reach right now.

-------------------------

* altiain shows up with V710s and blows me out of the water !

Who else here thinks Kestrel has way too much time on his hands?

Seriously, though - it's been fun having such a tight battle in C Stock this season. With the General mostly out of the hunt in SCCA for the season (at most he'll make 6 events with best-seven-of-nine being used for year-end trophies), and lugnutjon undergoing a race tire conundrum, it's going to be interesting to see how the ER & Texas Region season end points battles finish up!

Too bad some of our other local C Stockers have abstained from the fray this season - TC, JRW, joemiata, when are you guys gonna join the fun?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Who else here thinks Kestrel has way too much time on his hands?
    Nah... I was just crying in my beer last night over yet another beating, and I just had to see how bad it had been all year. I'm moving to one of the prepared classes next year -- AP, BP or CP. There's nobody really playing there, so maybe I can trophy there.

Seriously, it's been a lot of fun. I just need to get back on the other side of those close battles. I wouldn't mind winning by only 0.003 seconds for a change...

Too bad some of our other local C Stockers have abstained from the fray this season - TC, JRW, joemiata, when are you guys gonna join the fun?
    When will R compound tires be affordable? And, I don't know where you guys get all this extra time to drive so many events. Who mows your yard?
    Besides, look at the pain Kestrel is goin through, who needs that. :)

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Odd... I thought I'd been frayed quite a bit this year... I'll be back on the R compounds at the Bus lot next month, the road course in October, and Pennington in November... This driver and his wallet prefer Azenises...

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Dave04 showed up in the silver bullet and had a pretty good day in his first ever run in his ’04!
    Hmmm... maybe an civil war era musket bullet (they were pretty slow)...

Thanks to altiain for riding along and giving me some pointers... I'll get the hang of this... eventually...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

I'm just giving you street tire guys some grief.

Actually, I'm actively looking for another set of C Stock legal wheels so that I can mount up some Azenis and play in Tire class in a couple of series (S2k, SCCA) next season - you guys need some competition! :P
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

OK how about some Pictures from the event.

I am surprised I did not hear any complaints about the course design from the Miata drivers in attendance. The Big car guys where sure moaning.

You asked about Mark's ESP TransAm. The car really does not handle like a F-body car at all. The turn in is amazing. My best description is it drives like a ZO6 but with a solid axle. The solid axle part is important. I have been driving independent axles for so long I forgot how forgiving they can be. Mark's great power slides have a limit and once you pass the limit the average guy is not bring it back. My finish spins.

Oh and the clutch. It is a MAN's clutch. I got in the Miata to leave and I almost put my foot through the firewall.

I look forward to driving the Miata again after Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    I am surprised I did not hear any complaints about the course design from the Miata drivers in attendance. The Big car guys where sure moaning.
    I thought it was an entertaining and interesting course -- I had never done the "up and back" thing, and I don't think I ever bumped the rev limiter in second gear at Pennington Field. All-in-all it was a great course... if I could have just gone .07 seconds faster.

Quote Originally Posted by general default

I look forward to driving the Miata again after Nationals.
    Or selling it to me for $7,500 (to match gabkwong's remarkable price) and putting a down payment on a Corvette. You've gotta be tired of beating us CStockers up...

Looks like the ever-popular results are up...

Check out that general default at #9 in the PAX....

Interesting consistency in the R section... altiain had identical times, mine were off by .001 and I hit the same cone on both of them...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12