Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those who like FPS games

Default For those who like FPS games

What would you say is the better controller? A keyboard and mouse, or a console controller?

What about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    What would you say is the better controller? A keyboard and mouse, or a console controller?

What about this.
    You should pick one up and let us know...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

What about a good (moderately priced) gaming mouse for a leftie. Suggestions?

Cool idea, but I'll take my mouse/keyboard combo anyday.
    Here's why I prefer the mouse/keyboard combo :
    1. Smaller
    2. Cheaper
    3. Portabiliy
    4. More resposive. 104 keys on the KB and at least another 5 on the mouse.
    5. Much more condusive to quick bathroom breaks while the next map loads.
    6. And it's much easier to pull a 10 to 16 hour shift at a LAN party seated.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    Cool idea, but I'll take my mouse/keyboard combo anyday.
    Here's why I prefer the mouse/keyboard combo :
    1. Smaller
    2. Cheaper
    3. Portabiliy
    4. More resposive. 104 keys on the KB and at least another 5 on the mouse.
    5. Much more condusive to quick bathroom breaks while the next map loads.
    6. And it's much easier to pull a 10 to 16 hour shift at a LAN party seated.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Not a gaming mouse, but...
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=11532

or http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=11769
    And you can change which button is the left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    You should pick one up and let us know...
    Yeah, get 2 or 3 of them so we don't have to just watch

I bet that thing is horribly expensive

How about a Logitech MX610 Leftie?

Edit :: Dang Majik beat me to it
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    I don't know about those new fangled cordless models. Don't they eat batteries like crazy?

Thats amazing! Too bad its the size of my room and probably the price of our house to buy it.

All the Razer Copperhead/Diamondback gaming mice are symmetrical so you can use them on either hand, I use a diamondback and /love/ it. I picked one up on www.woot.com one night for $25, but they run $35ish
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826153102

Logitech has already put my MOMO wheel to shame for the car side of gaming. http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...Specifications
    Last edited by TheChadVIII; 01-11-2007 at 03:42 PM.
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR

I don't know about those new fangled cordless models. Don't they eat batteries like crazy?
    If it's not cordless, it's CRAP! For a mouse... figure worst case... replace the single AAA battery every 2 months. WORST case.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    If it's not cordless, it's CRAP! For a mouse... figure worst case... replace the single AAA battery every 2 months. WORST case.
    I had one when they first came out, a crap compaq mouse that ate 2 AA probably every month, maybe month and a half. For about a week just before I had to change them out the cursor would jump all around. My new mouse is corded. Here.

I have heard the new ones are much better with batteries, and some have charging stations for when they arent in use. The thing I liked about my old mouse and something I looked for in a new one is the weight. The cordless was heavy and felt very good in my hands. A few of the corded mice logitechs I tried were way too light. It felt like I might break them. They were also small, and didnt fit comfortably in my hand. The one I have is the biggest and heaviest I could find.

I had one when they first came out, a crap compaq mouse that ate 2 AA probably every month, maybe month and a half. For about a week just before I had to change them out the cursor would jump all around. My new mouse is corded. Here.

I have heard the new ones are much better with batteries, and some have charging stations for when they arent in use. The thing I liked about my old mouse and something I looked for in a new one is the weight. The cordless was heavy and felt very good in my hands. A few of the corded mice logitechs I tried were way too light. It felt like I might break them. They were also small, and didnt fit comfortably in my hand. The one I have is the biggest and heaviest I could find.
    Thats the mouse I have.

I know they have other mice out there that you can add or take away weights. I thought logitech made those, but I'm not sure and i'm to lazy to look for it. aww, what the heck here it is..
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10715

I had one of these but it didn't work with the icemat so I gave it back and got the 518 instead

The newer G series mice come with 2 batteries and a docking station for the batteries so one is always charging, plus it has three different ballast weights so it can go from quite light to smooth'n'heavy.
    Theres a corded version too.

But they're pricey.
    Black 2002 Honda S2000

a minute too late...
    Black 2002 Honda S2000

Suspension Modder

I have a G5 corded mouse with the nifty little wieght tray loaded to max. I have been very please with it. But its no good for a lefty. The on-the-fly resolution adjustment is sweet.

I have had cordless mice in the past both at home and at work. I do IT type stuff and have seen a lot of different cordless setups, and I have come to the conclusion that the cheep sets are all crap. The Logitech dinovo are realy sweet but way to costly. Every week I was replacing batteries or resyncing the units. We probley had 40-50 sets.

The worest was the IBM set. the mouse would go to sleep to conserver power and then it would take 1/2 second or longer to wake up. I hated those things. They chewed AA up too.

later,
    Matt

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Best Buy has the Razer Copperhead and Logitech G5 (both are corded) on sale for $39.99 right now.

I tried the Copperhead for a few days. Very nice, but too small for my hand. Picked up the G5 today. Much better, even though it's not an ambidextreous mouse.

Why get a regular mouse when you can get this
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

I'm picking up a new gaming computer in a few months, and when I do I'm going top-of-the-line with all my peripherals. Definitely a Razor mouse, good keyboard, new joysticks/wheel, awesome sound system, etc. I'm gonna have some fun
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

ive been using an Optical Logitech mouse. worked pretty great, bought it when i built this PC about 3 years back. it crapped out on me the other day while i was playing Counterstrike. left click quit working. i replaced it with a ~7 year old (seriously) HP mouse that came with my last computer. the ball is terrible. it doesnt track smoothly. if i take my hand off it and let it just sit there- the pointer will head off on a journey towards the edge of the screeen.

i need to get a new one.

i very much prefer a keyboard and mouse over a controller. not enough buttons on the controller.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast