Thread: Lewisville Jeep mechanic

Default Lewisville Jeep mechanic

Got anybody you trust to work on a cat/o2 sensor, / check engine light issues for a 97' Wrangler, 6cyl? Lewisville/Flower Mound preferred.

Thanks.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Collins Bros. Jeeps; they are up that way somewhere. Don't recall exactly, but in your vicinity.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

They're out in Wylie and they're VERY proud of their prices. Thanks though.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

If its a cat/02 sensor then try Lewisville Muffler. www.lewisvillemuffler.com They are on mill just north of main street. Great people and awsome work. I had them do exhaust work on both my RAM and my old CJ.

If you want a good Jeep Mechaninc and can get it down to Dallas then use Baertrax. www.baertrax.com.

They just changed ownership but the new owner is just as good as the people who sold it. The origional owners are working with the new guy to transition their customers. Great customer service and top rate work.
    Last edited by HudsonHawk; 09-07-2010 at 02:13 PM.

you can also try http://www.twistedoffroad.net or http://local.yahoo.com/info-18633181...oad-lewisville

I do not have any experience with either of these but they are in Lewisville.

There is also 4 Wheel Parts in flower mound, but no idea if they do repair work or not.

Thanks Hawk, I knew you'd have some info. I'll send her to Lewisvillemuffler first. Do you know if they'll let her bring in her own parts? I guess I'll have her call them.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

No idea about the parts. Will have to call them.

Do you know if a 97' has the cat welded in or if it uses clamps? Thanks.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Based on some diagrams I have seen it looks like a weld in piece. 00 to current uses a flanged cat. Really won't know unless you crawl under and look at it. there is no way of knowing if it was replaced at some other point in teh Jeeps life and how they did it.

Thanks again. She's had it since 99' and it had low miles so I'm sure it's stock. Almost 98k on it now. There's a big skid plate there and it's hard to see, but since it's wet today, I just thought i'd ask away. Thanks!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

John's always done right by me:

Richard's Automotive

104 Whatley Avenue
    Lewisville, TX 75057-3961
    (972) 420-0365

Right off of Mill St. Just south of Main -- Old Lewisville.

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    Based on some diagrams I have seen it looks like a weld in piece. 00 to current uses a flanged cat. Really won't know unless you crawl under and look at it. there is no way of knowing if it was replaced at some other point in teh Jeeps life and how they did it.
    They will cut the cat out and weld it in between the flanges just fine. That place has done cats for me on my 92 B&T and on a couple of Jeeps.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!