Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jealous car or bad driver? o_0

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    If Mike had driven through the front window of the convenience store or run into one of the pumps because he wasn't paying attention, should the station be liable? If not, how is this any different?
    Because that would have been a direct result of Mike's negligence.

In this instance, if I understand correctly, Mike ran over one of those gas valve covers that had been left open. When closed and locked, they pose no threat. People drive over them every day. I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to be left open except during fueling operations. It's not a matter of him not paying attention, it's the fact that there was a hazardous situation resulting from someone's negligence. Consider the consequences of a spark igniting fumes from that open cover. I'd say both Mike, and the station, are quite lucky nothing like that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    Because that would have been a direct result of Mike's negligence.

In this instance, if I understand correctly, Mike ran over one of those gas valve covers that had been left open. When closed and locked, they pose no threat. People drive over them every day. I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to be left open except during fueling operations. It's not a matter of him not paying attention, it's the fact that there was a hazardous situation resulting from someone's negligence. Consider the consequences of a spark igniting fumes from that open cover. I'd say both Mike, and the station, are quite lucky nothing like that happened.
    Where to you pick up on the open cover part???
    Quote Originally Posted by MiataMike View Post
    I pull into the gas station to get some much needed petrol and I'm not paying attention because I'm thinking about that other car and bam I hit one of those mountains in the parking lot. You know those things that the the drivers open up to put the gas down in the big tank. Yeah, I hit one going about 5 mph maybe 10 and I hear a thunk. So, I say to myself I should look under the car just to be sure. And sure enough, its dripping oil from the front end.

oops. That's what happens when you speed through a post (and a gas station) without paying attention. I thought the cover was open for some reason.

So I'll do a 180 here. No, I don't think the station would have any responsibility here.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Where to you pick up on the open cover part???

+1
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Talking

oops. That's what happens when you speed through a post (and a gas station) without paying attention. I thought the cover was open for some reason.

So I'll do a 180 here. No, I don't think the station would have any responsibility here.
    Aren't you a profesional proof reader by trade??

That's POOF reader buddy. POOF.

Speaking of Poofreading, anybody out there interested in George Washington's Fiat?
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/266725519.html

That's POOF reader buddy. POOF.
    Now I'm confused. What the hell is a poofreader, or did I just miss a joke?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    Well... it really depends... what did you test drive? This may be your car saying you should go buy the new one...
    I know what it is......................

You should definately buy it. It's a GREAT car.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Yes.

By the way, the Fiat is in great condition for it's age!
    Same owner for the last 27 years, but no details about the previous 200. I'd have to check this one over before dropping any Ben Franklins.

Unhappy

Thanks for all the posts.

FYI the port was closed, and I was doing maybe 5-10 MPH I usualy avoid those in that paticular gas station because they seem higher than other ones (Which I also avoid). Just this time I wasn't really paying attention.

Fiat's are really fun cars when they run.

I had a 1974 X-1/9 untill 1999. I was the owner for 11 years and put a total of about 5000 miles on it. The bigest problem was that Tuesday' and Thursday's came too often.

Fix it again Tuesday, Fix it again Thursday, Fix it again Tommorrow. Dang, Why don't you Fix it again Tony!!!

Sorry to hear about the gas station bump...
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Well, the mechanic still has my car and I don't know what wrong with it yet. I did talk to Gary and he has an Oil Pan if I need one. But after looking at the car in the day light the other day. It looked more like coicidence that I looked under the car just to find the leak (My baby was trying to talk to me). It looked like the oil might of been coming from the work that was done to the crank gear, pulley, and timing wheel the week before. So its possible that the oil that I saw was just dripping off of the splash guard and was really leaking from the crank area.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Speaking of Poofreading, anybody out there interested in George Washington's Fiat?
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/266725519.html
    I was owned by one of those once.

Glad you didn't crunch the pan.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    I was owned by one of those once.

Glad you didn't crunch the pan.
    1775... was that your first car?
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Well, I got the word today. It is the crank seal that wasn't put on correctly causing the oil to spew out like a stuck pig. So at least I won't be out any money for this fix =-D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12