Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stirring the pot

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpeeder
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.MIATA
    Remember, tops up unless you have a roll-bar...
    I forgot about that...thats gay. Just more s*** to get tangled up in if the car goes over....
    Careful... I'll have to change your title to "Kestrel"

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    I forgot about that...thats gay. Just more s*** to get tangled up in if the car goes over....
    Damn... there's no emoticon for stirring the pot.

Here you go...

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Here you go...
    Be careful - that's one of the cooks from Ocean Rock! :P
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yep I just whipped out the digital camera for that one...

We actually have an authentic Guam kitchen setup in the back, complete with stick hut in the background...

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    NOOOOO, anything but that!! I'll be good, I promise!!!!
    just kidding, that woudn't be any fun!

"...thats gay. Just more s*** to get tangled up in if the car goes over...."
    BINGO! Nice to see that one other person in the world sees the utter madness of that rule. But it's their event, and they can require anything they want. Next it'll be bright pink halter tops for all course workers. You see, that way they'll be more visible to the drivers, therefore making it less likely they will get hit by a car. "Safety" first, fashion (and common sense) a distant second...

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    BINGO! Nice to see that one other person in the world sees the utter madness of that rule. But it's their event, and they can require anything they want. Next it'll be bright pink halter tops for all course workers. You see, that way they'll be more visible to the drivers, therefore making it less likely they will get hit by a car. "Safety" first, fashion (and common sense) a distant second...
    I'd bet cash money the P.C.A.'s insurance company is the one to force this issue on the P.C.A.. I’m sure it’s not a P.C.A. directive. Since many Porches were manufactured as convertibles. Lets try to keep this in mind as we once again slam on the P.C.A. for a rule they are forced to obey!

http://www.pca.org/members/library/i...rance_FAQs.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I'd bet cash money the P.C.A.'s insurance company is the one to force this issue on the P.C.A.. I’m sure it’s not a P.C.A. directive. Since many Porches were manufactured as convertibles. Lets try to keep this in mind as we once again slam on the P.C.A. for a rule they are forced to obey!
    Then they have the wrong Insurance Company (or more likely, a poorly written policy). No other AX group -- SCCA, Equipe Rapide, S2000, BMW -- are "forced" into such a directive. Sorry POS, but I just don't buy that.

I'm "slamming" them for having a "safety rule" that adds no safety to the event or it's participants -- and has the potential for actually doing more harm than good (as EvilSpeeder was kind enough to point out, with no prompting from me ). But I defend their right to set any rules/requirements they like. I also choose (1) not attend their events (until I get a proper rollbar), and (2) to give my [admittedly unwanted, at least on this subject] opinions to people that want to read it. Don't want to read it? Change the channel.

And contrary to popular belief, everyone hasn't heard this stuff a zillion times. Case in point? This "round of discussion" was prompted by an MME member who specifically said "I forgot about that...".

Quote Originally Posted by kestrel
    Sorry POS, but I just don't buy that.
    Then we will agree to disagree.

The PCA does Track Events, DE's and TT’s, which no other car club does in this area of the world. The do way more than just autocross like the other clubs you listed. I'm sure the PCA national office packaged the entire deal together when they got insurance package. This seems to be supported by the PCA Insurance—National Program Frequently Asked Questions link that was posted above.

BTW. the nice Folks at MME posted this cool Spreadsheet on what our local AX clubs require it's a good read!

Great minds think alike huh Kestrel?

I don't have a problem doing it I just think is a little dumb and annoying. I've never seen a miata roll at an autox. I do plan on getting a hard dog bar very soon.

Thanks for the spreadsheet Mick!

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Am I the only one who finds it confusing as hell when a thread is amputated and the disembodied limb becomes its own topic? Could we at least include a reference in the (suddenly) first post to how the whole thing got there?

If the point is merely to inflate the thread count, somebody make it an official directive and we can all pitch in.

"Smiles, everyone! Smiles!"
    -- Mr. Rourke

Thanks for the spreadsheet Mick!
    I'm pretty sure that is joe.MIATA & TC's work! So I can't talke credit for it!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace
    Am I the only one who finds it confusing as hell when a thread is amputated and the disembodied limb becomes its own topic?
    Yes you are.

That's kinda the idea. This post had nothing to do with the post it was amputated from and stands on its own.

I don't have a problem doing it I just think is a little dumb and annoying.
    It's the same for me. I am willing to overlook this goofy rule in order to drive a solid/ fast course layout with an acceptable amount of entrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    Blah, blah, blah...
    Do we have to hear this diatribe again?

C'mon, guys - the rules are the rules. If you don't want to participate because you disagree with a rule... then don't. But quit shitting on everyone else's parade.

The Maverick Region PCA puts on some great events. If you choose not to participate for whatever reason, that's your loss.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Can somebody explain when the description "gay" became the defacto motorhead diatribe against whatever the poster wants to whine about?

I see this crap on motorcycle sites all the time. I'm sorta surprised to see it on a car site. Frankly, it pisses me off.
    Hello, my name is OUTRACE and I'm a motorcyclist. It has been zero days since my last ride.

I don't have a problem doing it I just think is a little dumb and annoying.
    You said that better than I did... :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast