Thread: Audio options

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Default Audio options

So after finding after market radio i like with all the cool ipod hookups and crazy graphic eq gauges i come to find that with a bose double deck i would have to change my speakers and every thing or get some amp mod to install a new radio of any kind because the stock bose radio and speakers are set up only to work with each other. so any one know any tricks to get a round this or know some one that would like a mx5 SE boses OEM kit

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    So after finding after market radio i like with all the cool ipod hookups and crazy graphic eq gauges i come to find that with a bose double deck i would have to change my speakers and every thing or get some amp mod to install a new radio of any kind because the stock bose radio and speakers are set up only to work with each other. so any one know any tricks to get a round this or know some one that would like a mx5 SE boses OEM kit
    I never had to do any of that. I just hooked it up the same as usual. It works fine in my '05 MSM with the Bose speakers and Pioneer head unit.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

guy said something about the bose is 8oms output and the speakers need the 8 and the Pioneer This link here i want is 4oms out, not sure if that's whats wrong or something else, make any sense or are they just full of shit?

Just a side note, Sirius and XM radio are merging (I guess pending approval). There is no word yet which format, Sirius vs XM, they will be keeping. Naturally, I would expect both systems would be kept for a while, but I bet only one system will be favored for new features/growth/etc. If you are strongly interested in satellite radio, it may be worth waiting a few months.
    Randy (who'd rather be )
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
    2005 Saab 9³ Arc 2.0L Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by randy7601 View Post
    If you are strongly interested in satellite radio, it may be worth waiting a few months.
    Never mind, I see this radio supports both formats.

(And I think they are trying to sell you speakers. But I'm not an expert. Call another store Best Buy maybe??)
    Randy (who'd rather be )
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
    2005 Saab 9³ Arc 2.0L Turbo

2 best buy installers and 2 different places told me about the 8 to 4 oms thing

and if they do merging i don't want sat radio, my dad has it in his truck and there never anything worth it on.

I think the first problem is your dealing with the monkeys at Best worst Buy. Go to Earmark and talk to them. Even if you don't buy from them, you're likely to get more knowledgeable information.

Another suggestion would be to search the for more information.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

The bose unit is 8ohms and most aftermarket speakers etc are 4ohms. They are actually right you have to change it all out. 8ohms and 4 are like frequencies, you have to run the same one for it to work. i think there might be one way around it but i can't recall, try miata.net to see if they know.

but i like jumping the gun and running striate in 0_o, no best buy was free install with any radio so thats why i was looking at them first and my step brother that installs for a living is booked up for weeks and can't help about 2 weeks.

and i hate miata.net forums, place makes me want to cut my self trying to read 1/2 the crap there
    Last edited by jeff_man; 02-20-2007 at 12:38 AM.

I'm the same way, i hate waiting. Maybe if i get bored enough tonight i'll look in to it because i'm in the same situation as you.

cool give me the cliff notes

found this http://www.crutchfield.com
    Last edited by jeff_man; 02-20-2007 at 01:22 AM.

Jeffman, just be patient and let your step brother do the install. Buy the stereo online for less, waiting on shipment should eat up some of the waiting time.

Don't be so impatient, enjoy the sound of your new exhaust.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

had to beat you to it =)

i'm just going to use the cash to get my rollbar first but in the mean time i'll look into the hole omhs thing
    Last edited by jeff_man; 02-20-2007 at 09:53 AM.

I actually enjoy the bosectomy that I did. I like having an external amp that I can tweak
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

was planing to bug you about it tomorrow