Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Canyon tour

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    Dunno... One time payment... no monthly fees... daily track fees... I like the payment schedule much better for ECR...
    He said anything ABOVE the junior level. If you look at the full ECR membership, it has $250/mo flat dues in place of the $100 per day you use the junior Membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    He said anything ABOVE the junior level. If you look at the full ECR membership, it has $250/mo flat dues in place of the $100 per day you use the junior Membership.

Yup... That's why I'm looking at Junior... MSR has fees all over the place. If they had something similar I'd be down there.

It's also easier to justify the new track since it's a lot closer to the house.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

____
    Last edited by 2K Miata; 02-14-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Not that I disagree with your overall assessment, but I would point out that the ECR page says "twenty weekends per year (Friday, Saturday and Sundays)", not weekend days. Not counting Fridays (which last time I checked did not fall on the weekend ), That is 40 potential weekend days.

Then again, this is another place where they are not 100% clear...It sounds like they are saying that the track would be available the whole weekend, but they leave it vague enough that they theoretically could let a DE have the track Saturday and Sunday and the members get Friday only as one of their 20 "weekends". I'm would like to think that they would not be sneaky like that, but I have seen enough membership scams to know I would read that contract a few times before writing the check.

Not that I disagree with your overall assessment, but I would point out that the ECR page says "twenty weekends per year (Friday, Saturday and Sundays)", not weekend days. Not counting Fridays (which last time I checked did not fall on the weekend ), That is 40 potential weekend days.

Then again, this is another place where they are not 100% clear...It sounds like they are saying that the track would be available the whole weekend, but they leave it vague enough that they theoretically could let a DE have the track Saturday and Sunday and the members get Friday only as one of their 20 "weekends". I'm would like to think that they would not be sneaky like that, but I have seen enough membership scams to know I would read that contract a few times before writing the check.
    Well you could read it as it's avaialble to private members for 20 weekends a year and if you get to drive all three days of those weekends and as many weekedays as permits all for the $250/month fee. That is a fantastic deal. Again I'd like to see the contract before commenting any further.

PM sent with my cell #... This afternoon has been freed up and if you get the message in time, I'd like to head up there with ya.

RJ

PM sent with my cell #... This afternoon has been freed up and if you get the message in time, I'd like to head up there with ya.

RJ
    +1

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!

OMG! THAT WAS FUN!

The pics on the website don't do it justice. AMAZING course.

The one thing that's constant on it are the elevation changes. There are on-camber curves, off-camber curves, blind curves, sweeping curves that have to be negotiated as two turns, and some great straights.

FUN FUN FUN FUN! And it's a lot closer to the house than Cresson.

Tim, Suzan, Todd, and I went out there in our cars and the builder let us go around the track for a couple of laps.

You start down a long straight that crests a small hill then slam on the brakes for an immediate right then left and it gets more fun from there. Off the back straight you go into a set of curves that you have to know are there before you go balls to the wall fast. You crest a little hill at the end of the straight with enough time to see you have to brake hard for a sharp left. After that left you drop down a hillside and see an immediate right hand turn. Carry too much speed and you go off. You swing wide right through the first left then immediately swing left to apex the right hand turn.

The next to last set of turns before the small straight that heads towards the entrance is one where you swing left, apex it, swing left, brake a little, then hard right to apex that last turn before the small straight.

What a blast!

One thing tho... we were on street tires so we couldn't carry a lot of speed through the corners. I had my Nankang Super Sport II's on the rear and some Hankook 106s on the front. My rears held tight. Those Hankooks suck. I got in Tim's car and he had the same tires all the way around and the rear of his car was MEGA slide happy. After feeling that I'll be looking around for different tires when the Super Sports wear out. Too bad they aren't made anymore as they were great tires.

After Tim gets his questions answered (which are the same as what was listed in the thread by various folks) satisfactorily I'll be looking to write that check for the Junior Membership ASAP.

RJ

I'll be looking to write that check for the Junior Membership ASAP.

Let the mooching begin!!

I tried returning your call but I expected that you had already contacted Tim.

I wish I wasn't sick so I could have gone
    Blah blah blah!

Hehehehe - I'll be going during the week when it's slower

It's nice being able to make your own schedule.

For those with Google Earth, I found it...

Lat: 33°21'51.45"N
    Lon: 97°25'36.56"W

I also submitted it to Google Earth as I didn't see any placemarks for it yet.

RJ

Default Pics up and I am working on movie links

This track was GREAT!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Default More pics

Last edited by Tim the Teacher; 02-18-2007 at 04:24 PM.

You could try to upload it to utube for hosting then post a link on the forum :)
    Blah blah blah!

the track doesn't look like it'd be very friendly if you got off the road a little bit o_0
    Blah blah blah!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MiataMike View Post
    the track doesn't look like it'd be very friendly if you got off the road a little bit o_0
    Perhaps the offs aren't finished yet...

There is not a single fixed building up yet. The track siding needs graded and the offs prepared but the elevation changes are incredible. Look at the first pic in the first post and you can see where the second video was aimed at.

The owner was not there so it looks like another trip to get a look at the contract. I am also going to email the questions brought up in the previous posts.
    Last edited by Tim the Teacher; 02-18-2007 at 04:34 PM.

Don't misunderstand what I was saying I just meant that the way it looked currently could be bad if you got off road a little bit. I do think the track looks awsome. I looked at it on paper; and it looks similar to another track that is currently raced (Even though I'm unsure of which one). It looks really technical in a lot of ways, and in otherways it looks like you'd need a little more power in your car to climb those hills and get into some speed around the other corners
    Blah blah blah!

Those Hankooks suck. I got in Tim's car and he had the same tires all the way around and the rear of his car was MEGA slide happy.
    I found myself more limited by the silver slug parked on my nose then my tires.

I found myself more limited by the silver slug parked on my nose then my tires.
    Boy, do I know that feeling of having to brake early for a bumblebee...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast