Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Canyon tour

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    Boy, do I know that feeling of having to brake early for a bumblebee...
    Yes, let me apologize for taking it easy on my first couple laps on a new track with ungraded runoffs.

No apologies from me just excuses....unfamiliar track, loose gravel, ungraded runoffs, street tires that don't grab for S**T and a car I am still paying on make for a sensible reconoiter of the asphalt
    Last edited by Tim the Teacher; 02-19-2007 at 07:32 AM.
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

I thought that looked like asphalt out there. isn't there problems with asphalt breaking loose after time or severe wear on a turn?
    Blah blah blah!

They are going to lay a final track surface down when the weather gets warmer.

oops
    Re-post. by me. I didn't know I clicked send.
    Blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher View Post
    They are going to lay a final track surface down when the weather gets warmer.
    Did they say what the final surface would be?
    Blah blah blah!

"The base coat or binder asphalt was completed in early December which has allowed race cars and motorcycles to actually test the circuit. Competition events will have to wait until warmer weather and the completion of the final application of the racing surface."...........meaning???

Any answer yet to your email?
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

No but here is what I asked...

#1. Are the 10 weekends for Junior memberships spread throughout the year and if so, are they already marked on the calendar?

#2. Do Junior memberships get bumped on the grid if excutive, corporate and private memberships fill the session?

#3. How many sessions a day will Junior members be allowed to run?

#4. How many cars per session will be allowed?

#5. How many members have joined in each level as of today?

#6. Does Friday count as a weekday or weekend day?

#7. May Junior members bring a paying qualified guest?

Default Answers To Ecr Questions

Answers to the questions

Hi Tim,

Glad you liked the track! Sorry I couldn't make it out so I called my
    foreman & told him to let you drive the track to get a feel of it. And
    also, to give you my apologies.

#1 Junior members can use their 10 weekends when they choose to. They
    are a part of the track schedule, not seperate from other members.

#2 Sessions get filled; first come first serve. Members will have till
    the Wednesday to sign-up for the weekend. This means all members.

#3 There will be sessions for motorcycles, street cars & race cars. It
    depends on what you track.

#4 We believe due to the size of the track we'll allow around 40-45.

#5 I don't have the member files with me on hand at this moment but ECR
    has about 35 members (in all categories).

#6 Friday counts a weekend day but for a Junior he/she pays $75.00 for
    the day fee.

#7 Yes, you can find the Guest conditions & fees on the website.
    Hope this helps you out.

Any comments???? The only ones I have a slight problem with is the number on the track at any one time. It seems high but maybe that will be adjusted. With only 35 members joined the chances of a crowded field are minimal for now. Also with 15 sessions a day and three categories, that could feasibly allow for at least 3 sessions a day and possibly 4.
    Last edited by Tim the Teacher; 02-23-2007 at 09:12 AM.

Yo Timmay,

Sounds pretty good.

The only problem with joining ECR, as I see it, is that you'll be out there alot by yourself. Half the fun of our deal at MSR is going down as a group.

But still, if this is all that you can afford, its 100X better than standing in a parking lot >

:)

I just got off the phone with Gary and I value both of your opinions. The fun of running on a track is doing it with other friends like you said. I am kind of out there because I am not a member of the Ranch which is cost prohibitive, no one else seems to be able to afford the 4 DE events a year to go with me and there are no members of ECR at the present that I know.

woe is me, woe is me....... it always on my parade. I guess I will have to get

I just got off the phone with Gary and I value both of your opinions. The fun of running on a track is doing it with other friends like you said. I am kind of out there because I am not a member of the Ranch which is cost prohibitive, no one else seems to be able to afford the 4 DE events a year to go with me and there are very no members of ECR at the present that I know.

woe is me, woe is me....... it always on my parade. I guess I will have to get
    Well, what did you think of the DE you ran without any Miata guys? Was it more or less fun then Hallet where you were joined by many friends?

I was excited to do it because it challenged me to interact with more and less powerful cars. However, it would have been a lot more fun if I had my Miata bruthers from another mother there to enjoy it.

I was excited to do it because it challenged me to interact with more and less powerful cars. However, it would have been a lot more fun if I had my Miata bruthers from another mother there to enjoy it.
    Hey Tim. I'm getting a new job. I should be able to go to 2 of the DE events soon.

Well, I know it isn't the same as having a big gang of guys out there with you, but I would be willing to commit to joining you as your guest at least twice a year. I am sure you could also fill your other guest spots pretty easily.

I expected that from you Titus Okay John

Sounds like it's time to send the $ in, Tim...

I'll grab the czechbook from the Spousal Unit and send mine off soon. Thanks for taking the time to send the questions off. I will be waiting a couple of days to get in touch with a guy I know that is working on a group discount.

I'm with you on this one. It's less $ than the Ranch and it has no monthly fees for the Junior level membership. That makes it more affordable in my book. Pay as you play.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Miata View Post
    Yo Timmay,

Sounds pretty good.

The only problem with joining ECR, as I see it, is that you'll be out there alot by yourself. Half the fun of our deal at MSR is going down as a group.

But still, if this is all that you can afford, its 100X better than standing in a parking lot >

What he said...as much fun as I have at MSR, I'm not sure how many times I would head out there if it was just me going. The cameraderie and BSing is a big part of it...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Miata View Post

Who knew it was all about money? I always thought it was just the fact that you track weenies are afraid of competition, and need a gazillion laps before you can figure out where you're going.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast