Thread: Pleasant surprises

Default Pleasant surprises

We all know how starting out on one job usually leads to another, and another, and another...For example, when I decided to replace the CAS o-ring, I ended up resetting the timing, which led to high idle issues, which led to cleaning the TB, which led to higher idle, which led to replacing the IAC valve. (whew!) Somewhere along the way I also discovered I had no thermostat.

After all that, here's the results.
    1. No more oil spots on the driveway in the morning.
    2. Idle is down
    3. Gas mileage is up! Used to go 200 miles on a tank, I've got 210 on it right now and a quarter tank left.
    4. Noticeable improvement in performance.
    5. Heater actually puts out heat now.

Best of all, my clutch was slipping and it looked like a trip to Stevan was imminent. I had already spoken with him about it and gotten my shopping list (clutch, seals, etc..) together. Eureka! no more slippage!

Apparently the leaking o-ring was behind the clutch problem.

So, thanks to you guys for the help and tips and parts (hat tip to channelmaniac). I doubt I would've tackled the o-ring job and instead just live with the oil spots if not for the encouragement in the parking lot at Chapps that day.

Need to do another lunch day soon.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Way to go Bubba
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Michael The Schmeckel Ted the Red's Avatar

Glad to hear that it all worked out for the better.

Talking

Now if we could teach you how to use the parking brake all would be good in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Now if we could teach you how to use the parking brake all would be good in the world!

2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    No more problem, I just leave it on all the time now.