Thread: Local Mazda Internet Pricing

Default Local Mazda Internet Pricing

Do any of the metroplex dealers offer internet pricing or match pricing from the likes of Trussville or Rosenthal?

For car sales, yes... for parts pricing, dunno.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Yeah, parts is what I meant.

"Hiley" doubt any of the local dealer would price match on parts.

I bet Town North might, but I've checked their prices against Rosenthal, and once you factor in shipping from wherever the heck they are, you're way better off buying locally. However, it never hurts to ask your parts guy... I ordered an air dam from Town North but they didn't even have a list price in their system. The guy just asked me how much other dealers were selling it for, I gave him the lowball price and he matched it.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Here is an email trail when I asked a similar question to Jason Hiley:

-----------------------------------------

Dear Jerrett,

I am glad you sent me this email. We adjusted our prices recently on inexpensive items because we literally had no margin in them. We actually took our prices down on more expensive items though. I visited with Shannon (my parts manager) this morning about this and he is going to take your name and keep it for future reference. If you ever need a part from this point forward, just call him here 817-701-1000 and he will do his best to take care of you. He will do the same for all of the people in the Miata forum. You might let them know that. You are also welcome to call me or email me at this address. The best way to contact me is always email due to my travel schedule. I am sorry we missed your business and hope we will get it in the future. Have a happy new year and let me know if I can assist you.

Jason

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2006 8:42 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Prices of parts department

Hello, Jason.

I remember reading your post on the dfwmiata.com discussion forum, so I thought I would email you about a concern of mine. While I have received nothing but great service from the parts department at Hiley Mazda in Hurst, the prices are sky high. I can always find a part for a significantly cheaper price online, so I only use the Hiley parts department when I must have the part immediately. For example, I need some shock boots for my 1993 Miata. Here is the price comparison:

Hiley Mazda: $38.64

Trussville Mazda (Birmingham, Alabama): $23.48

Rosenthal Mazda (Arlington, Virginia): $24.95

Go Miata: $24.95

As you can see, your prices are more than 50% higher than the others. That is a very significant difference. While I would like to spend my money locally and develop a relationship with your dealership and parts department, your prices inhibit me from doing so.

If you ever decide make your prices more competitive, then I will start using Hiley on a regular basis, but until then, I can only use Hiley when I must have a part that day (assuming you have it in stock). Competitive pricing might also gain additional business from others on the dfwmiata.com forum.

Sincerely,

Jerrett <last name omitted>

JRJ512 have you tested Jason yet to see if they really adjusted the prices?? Did you sign up for the Mazdaspeed deal since you use your car in competition, they are all I use these day.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    JRJ512 have you tested Jason yet to see if they really adjusted the prices?? Did you sign up for the Mazdaspeed deal since you use your car in competition, they are all I use these day.
    No, I've not been back since then. I'm sure I will test them some day when I need a part right away.

I need to sign up for the Mazdaspeed deal. I keep saying I will, like I am now. I think I'll get a bourbon first...

I ask for the "Track Dog Discount" at Town North and it's been comparable to the online folks when you figure in shipping. YMMV
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I called Hiley and spoke with Jamie in the parts dept. He said they would match internet pricing, provided the parts are OEM and match actual Mazda parts numbers. This might be a problem since Rosenthal uses their own part numbers for internet sales.

Like Jarrett, I would prefer to spend locally, but it turns out they didn't have some of the items in stock (inner and outer shift boots) that I wanted, and would have to order them. Hard to match the convenience of having it delivered to your door unless you need it right away.

We do all of our TDR business with Town North Mazda. Brain is the usual counter person, but any of the three guys there will take care of you. They may not meet Trussvilles low ball pricing, but they will usually give you 15% if you will mention Track Dog Racing discount. They don't charge for shipping unless you want to air it in. Plus, if it turns out that the part you bought was not the part you needed, you have a better chance of returning it locally. Their average price mark up is about 30%. You can see the cost on the monitor when they are looking up the parts.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Track Dog discount? Cool...

If it's OEM, I'd just as soon order it locally and go pick it up because...

A) If it's the wrong part you don't get thrown down into the Bottomless Pit of Internet Returns, and...

B) It's an excuse to hop in the Miata and run around town!

Anyhow, do the homework and I think you'll find that once you factor in shipping from an out of state dealer, you're better off buying locally - I think these guys make a nice little chunk off of shipping. A $48 striker plate kit from Rosenthal ended up being the same price as the $60 kit from Town North after UPS was figured in. Even though Town North had to order the parts, they got here sooner than Rosenthal would've had them to me.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Michael The Schmeckel Ted the Red's Avatar

When I had my 94 ( about 4 years ago), I didn't seem to have much trouble getting parts locally and they seemed to be pretty reasonable. I used Hillard as it is the closest to me, I just ordered soe gaskets and a Diff Fill Level bolt to replace the one that was hosed in my 90 the other day. They had to order them and said it would be in Wed or Thurs. Lets just see how they do.